Clipping top and tail of programmes (1800t)

Ian Williams

I started to notice that my 1800t started clipping the tops of programmes. I tried doing a retune then a factory reset and the problem persists. I tried adding a minute to the top of each programme which worked but last night it clipped the end of a show. Does has anyone else experienced this? Does adding recording extra time disable the EPG PDC?

Ah that's helpful. It does seem to be a BBC issue. It was The Daily Mash last night. It clips the opening credits of Pointless and enters dramas in the middle of the recap.

It only started quite recently. I'll try a couple of progs on both the Humax and my old Sony HDD and see if the clipping points are the same.

What annoys me more is that if I have to retune it for new channels, I lose all my pre-programmed events.

Last edited:
What annoys me more is that if I have to retune it for new channels, I lose all my pre-programmed events.
You only lose all if you retune all.
If you know the names of the new channels then you can retune just the multiplexes that are impacted.

This link will give you the 'Multiplex' (Mux) for the channel in the column headed "Mux"​
although sometimes it takes a couple of days after it starts to be broadcast for them to update it.​
Then use your postcode on this link​
From the Detailed View scroll down until you find the transmitter that you receive from.​
Then within that look for the heading that matches the Mux that has the new channel. You can then use the channel number (sub-heading "N") for the Mux from the first row to do a manual retune on your HDR-1800T. Only the HDR-1800T programmed events from that multiplex will need to be set up again.​

(Edited to update links as they changed.)

Last edited:
Much applies, although maybe I should have pointed out the link to further discussion about AR.

Last edited:
Clipped the end of Troy last night. As it happened I’d recorded QI XL on the both the hummy and my Sony. I checked the intro and Outro points and they were both identical on that recording. I am recording a couple more shows on both machines this evening. I shall report back

Back