Come Dancing

Strange, I could have sworn that the Sunday 5pm slot was "Cheerful" Charlie Chester's Sunday Soapbox. Well it was in the 70s when we were out and about in a car at the weekends. Perhaps that was 6pm.
Oooh, no. 6-7 was the Top 20 with Tom Browne (simulcast of the last hour of the R1 programme so it could be on VHF), so CC must have been 4-6. Then Cliff Adams and his mob took over for half an hour.

Oooh, no. 6-7 was the Top 20 with Tom Browne (simulcast of the last hour of the R1 programme so it could be on VHF), so CC must have been 4-6. Then Cliff Adams and his mob took over for half an hour.
Those I do remember. Trouble is I could be mixing up recollections from the 70s, 80s and 90s. I may go searching t'net for real radio listings from the time.
Now that was worth switching off!
Unfortunately my father had a habit of recording this rubbish (when we got our first hifi separates, and weren't out in the car) and caused untold mental torture by playing it back.

The BBC's genome site appears to have a lot of information on old schedules gleaned from the Radio Times. You can search for a particular programme, or pick a day and see what was on. Endless fun. I must get out more!

Back