Config wiped

Sargan

Several times lately, after working fine at shut down.
Next time I press power button on remote to startup, it starts with the initial configuration screen
Input language, screen format etc …. Then the option to search for channels … you can’t get past any of this, so it wipes out all recording settings.
Frustrating.

Is there any pointer for how to resolve ?

It is running custom firmware, but feels more like a base unit fault.

Use the System Flush installer. It will wipe the flash and need you to set up yet again, but you're used to that now.
If that doesn't help, then it would seem unfixable.

Never used this before, do I install as I would for custom f/w load ?
Does this mean it wipes out Custom f/w and I need to reinstall that afterwards ?

Never used this before, do I install as I would for custom f/w load ?
Yes.
Does this mean it wipes out Custom f/w and I need to reinstall that afterwards ?
No. You'll need to run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic, and re-setup anything that stores settings in flash e.g. tunefix and then reboot again.

Are there any steps on that, and list of thongs I need to reset ....not done before, can they be from pc ui !?

Settings entered into boot-settings will be restored. If the box is networked via WiFi and doesn't reconnect, try wireless-helper (report results in the relevant thread). auto-schedule-restore may restore your last saved schedule and favourites list, or select a good backup from Scheduled Events>Backup/Restore.

auto-schedule-restore may restore your last saved schedule and favourites list, or select a good backup from Scheduled Events>Backup/Restore.
The latter would be necessary as the former stores its backup in the flash filesystem that you've just wiped...

Installed system flush .. re-did basic settings.
I logged into the CF web interface..... and first thing that greeted me was a message to run fix_flash packages ?
Is this a utility or an app, I can't find anything called fix_flash to run?

I have ensured boot-Settings, tunefix and auto-schedule-restore are completed & OK

Last edited:
Is this a utility or an app, I can't find anything called fix_flash to run?
Neither, it is a diagnostics routine, go to diagnostics page, select it an Run Diagnostics package.
Can also be run from a command line diag fix-flash-packages
NB the name is not fix_flash

Didn't think to look there .. I did search for fix_flash, but as you pointed out syntax error, that would be why I found nothing.
All complete
Thank you

Post #4 told you the exact name and what it was...
So has it fixed the original problem?

I realise it was my error I used underscore y mistake (used to that in naming convention in work)
I don't know if it's fixed my problem yet ,,, it was wiping config every couple of weeks - so time will tell.
All back and running for now.

Back