Content share....and other issues

Mick Allen

I've had my box for a couple of years now, and thought that I knew my way round it. However, I never realised until the other day that there was a time on/off setting (Menu>Settings>Preferences>Time). Does anyone know why whilst the box is on under these conditions, access to recording (Menu>Settings>Preferences>Recording) and Data Storage (Menu>Settings>System>Data Storage) are greyed out? Also in this mode, the Content Share seems to turn itself off as well.

Being able to set up the box to turn itself on and off whilst I am away looks a useful option to remotely control a PC in the house and 'pinch' the recordings off the box.

I've just done a test with my 2000T and cannot repeat your findings.
When the box turned on, Recording and Data Storage were available and the Content Share was on. There must be something else causing the problem.

I've had my box for a couple of years now, and thought that I knew my way round it. However, I never realised until the other day that there was a time on/off setting (Menu>Settings>Preferences>Time). Does anyone know why whilst the box is on under these conditions, access to recording (Menu>Settings>Preferences>Recording) and Data Storage (Menu>Settings>System>Data Storage) are greyed out? Also in this mode, the Content Share seems to turn itself off as well.
Something not right with the box. Try a reset to default settings.

Should have added that when the box is manually turned on, there isn't a problem.....it only happens when it is turned on using the 'timer' function, but even then I still have to subsequently turn back on Content Share

Back