Copy video files on a FoxT2 to a new 5000T...

Dar2211

Some help please, New to this so please be kind.
Some background info. I’ve purchased a 5000T to replace our T2 on our main old Panasonic plasma. The T2 is 8 years old now so it’s now on our Panasonic LCD in the front room. Both units are on the home network with file sharing enabled.
I’ve read the excellent info on the forum & wiki on this subject & followed the advice. The T2 is now running the custom software with auto decrypt installed & WebIt. All the stored video files, std & hd, have been decrypted & flags removed.
I can see & play all the stddef files on the 5000T over the network but still cannot see (therefore play) any of the hddef files over the network.
What have I done wrong?
I can copy a hd file onto a pen drive on the T2 & then play and/or copy it on to the 5000T. So that would indicate that the CF has done it’s job?
I’d like (&the wife expects) to have a copy of some large (gt 10 gig) hd videos on the 5000T but copying by the pen method would take some time! This afternoons reading will be about “download” & FTP, hopefully I’ll be able to fathom a method! Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks again for the info in the T2 forum & wiki!
Regards
Dave

I can see & play all the stddef files on the 5000T over the network but still cannot see (therefore play) any of the hddef files over the network.
What have I done wrong?
By what method? DLNA? This is probably a question for the 5000T section of the forum - I have no idea what the 5000T's capabilities and inabilities are.

The T2 is now running the custom software with auto decrypt installed & WebIt. All the stored video files, std & hd, have been decrypted & flags removed.
You've made no mention of auto-unprotect, and auto-decrypt is a WebIF setting rather than an installation. I presume you are familiar with Things Every... (click) and Decryption Guide (click).

New to this so please be kind.
This is like having a "baby on board" sticker on your car.

The T2 is now running the custom software with auto decrypt installed & WebIt. All the stored video files, std & hd, have been decrypted & flags removed.
Once you've updated your knowledge with Black Hole's links, what you should be aiming for the HD recordings is something that looks like this.

By what method? DLNA? This is probably a question for the 5000T section of the forum - I have no idea what the 5000T's capabilities and inabilities are.

You've made no mention of auto-unprotect, and auto-decrypt is a WebIF setting rather than an installation. I presume you are familiar with Things Every... (click) and Decryption Guide (click).

This is like having a "baby on board" sticker on your car.
Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for not being precise,
"follow the advice" means that I have read "things every... " "decryption guide" & installed webif.
Added the auto-unprotect, auto-decrypt packages.
Recursive-autodecrypt is now set on the media top level. All files have been decrypted and all listed as so in queued tasks. Example:
This afternoon adding the samba 2.2.12-6 on the T2. On the 5000T all the media files can be accessed media>human hdrfoxT2. They can all be played on the 5000T over the network.
As to whether this is by DLNA I don't know as I don't know what DLNA is. So I have some more reading to do.
Also this afternoon, on my iMac I can connect to the 5000T & copy media files to my iMac. SD files play on VLC but hd ones don't presumably cos they are encrypted on this latest model. The copy includes executable files with the same file extensions as those on the T2. So I'll have a go at decrypting them.
The T2 now shows on my iMac network map but on trying to connect to it, I get an message saying the samba version is unsupported
So maybe back to my old PC or see if I can get the files off another way.
"baby on board" over and out ;-)

As to whether this is by DLNA I don't know as I don't know what DLNA is. So I have some more reading to do.
Glossary (click)

Your problem with SMB is version 1 versus version 2/3:

For the Mac or Linux, you might be better off using NFS instead of SMB (nfs-utils package) - but Windows PCs use SMB.

However, I think DLNA will be your most convenient way of sharing recordings between the HDR-FOX and the 5000T - that's what it's designed for. On the HDR-FOX you already have its DLNA server turned on (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = ON, to support CF decryption), so all you need to do to see the HDR content on the 5000T is look for the equivalent of the HDR-FOX's Media >> Storage >> Network (the DLNA client).

Having the HiDef content decrypted or unprotected (it doesn't need to be decrypted for this, as long as it is unprotected), the HDR-FOX DLNA server doesn't care whether the client is DTCP compliant.

Back