Copying file (wrong recording wrong/) between T2 drive to a usb drive attached to the front port can't be done

sine24

Is there a reason why when mov/copy via opt+ will not activate the red button enabling copying to the said usb drive?

They are not recordings. Just mkv files
Given the thread title and lack of further information I was entitled to assume normal humx recordings!
Humax support for unusual (for humax) file types and file systems is minimal but it is probably the ntfs that is causing the problem

Humax support for unusual (for humax) file types and file systems is minimal but it is probably the ntfs that is causing the problem
I think the HDR-FOX T2 has read only support for NTFS. The slightly later HDR-2000T has read-write support for NTFS.

I think the HDR-FOX T2 has read only support for NTFS. The slightly later HDR-2000T has read-write support for NTFS.
The online manuals for both models seem to indicate only NTFS read is supported (maybe manual for HDR-2000T is a little out of date).

Last edited:
The online manuals for both models seem to indicate only NTFS read is supported (maybe manual for HDR-2000T is a little out of date).
The HDR-2000T User's Manual was lifted from the HDR-FOX T2 for which other parts were not completely up to date for the HDR-FOX T2 either.

The HDR-2000T had the ability to write to NTFS right from the start in 2013 when it launched.

A further example of not being correct for the HDR-2000T User's Manual, and of being out of date for the HDR-FOX T2, is where is "However, video recordings cannot be copied to other storage devices". This was true of the HD-FOX T2 when it was first launched but has never been true of the HDR-2000T.

Another example of a part of the HDR-2000T User's Manual reflecting the HDR-FOX T2 and not the HDR-2000T. is the screen shot of the TV Guide where the bottom line reflects the style of the HDR-FOX T2 and not the style of the HDR-2000T.

I can't say whether this is the actual problem (I don't think the WebIF would get it wrong), but certainly the SUI copy operation will fail if there is not twice as much free space on the destination drive than you actually need. Here's what (I think) happens:
  1. TS file gets copied;
  2. Check is made to see whether there is enough space left to copy the sidecars, but there is a bug in the check and it looks for as much free space as it would require for another copy of the TS;
  3. Copy aborts and file system is cleaned up.

Back