Coronavirus Lockdown Chat

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Countdown seems to have run out of programmes now - the one on today had a much younger Rachel and a different set.

I think I saw an interview with the host earlier today that suggests they have run out of programmes. ("The host" - because I've not watched it in years and I don't know who the current host is)

'The Archers' on R4 is defunct too. :eek: It has been remarkably virus free.

@BH, is this new thread what I think it is?

'The Archers' on R4 is defunct too.
Is it? I know they've been broadcasting 5 per week instead of 6 per week. so Easter slipped back a few days, but I would have thought radio was easier to do than telly.

Different microphone kit (usu a laptop probably), different rooms with different acoustics, kids banging about ... I'm not so sure it would be any easier.
I know you're talking about radio - but this old Columbo based observation certainly illustrates the problem.
Most TV and film these days is shot on one camera and the sound is dubbed by the original artists later. Some, if not all, Columbos appeared to be done in a cheap manner. Record the film and sound, use that sound in the final edit. There was one Columbo where shots of Peter Falk were with aircon on, and shots of the other actor were with aircon off. If that sort of thing was obvious to me when watching TV, just think how noticeable it would be when just listening to radio. Matching the sound would be a nightmare. Mind you, if it was The Archers plenty of tractor noises and mooing should hide the problems. :D

'The Archers' on R4 is defunct too. :eek: It has been remarkably virus free.
I think they should fill the void by putting out all the episodes involving Nigel since he first appeared on the scene in a monkey costume. :)

I think they should fill the void by putting out all the episodes involving Nigel since he first appeared on the scene in a monkey costume. :)

Hadn't thought of that one, would have been a good idea.

How can anything only described in a work of fiction be momentous? Or is that sacrilege...

Their words, not mine, but for aficionados I think your question would be sacrilege. :eek:

I think having anyone dressed up in a monkey costume would have the PC police on them like a ton of bricks. I'm not certain how those two gorillas in that ad have lasted so long.
And as for that Aviva ad? Reverse the roles and watch things fly.

Back