Could file copying impair t2 so it doesn't start a recording?

As usual you provide no details of the circumstances so we are left to speculate.

If the recording was on an ITV channel this evening Her Majesty may, unwittingly, be responsible for failures this evening.

ITV assigned new event=ids for the programmes following the Queens broadcast which caused my Humax to fail to track Good Karma and Belgravia series

As usual you provide no details of the circumstances so we are left to speculate.

If the recording was on an ITV channel this evening Her Majesty may, unwittingly, be responsible for failures this evening.

ITV assigned new event=ids for the programmes following the Queens broadcast which caused my Humax to fail to track Good Karma and Belgravia series
Are you sure it is not Chinese commies undermining the British way of life?😉

that explains my failed event fully. thank you.

would this have been picked up by a quick reacting rs?

our resident commie friend would do well to avoid the Chinese virus.

coming back to subject, I was transferring a mammoth file and I mistakenly let it overrun the beginning of a recording. now, we know that copying files stresses the processor so that recordings get pixelated. so, the thinking went: could it stress it so much more to miss the recording by virtue of a massive file?

that's all. no need for commies here.

would this have been picked up by a quick reacting rs?
No, rs cannot react quickly, it is remote and has incomplete information

It should be picked up an resolved by a schedule checker that I am currently developing.

I am with mihaid on this. I have reported on several occasions that I get recording pixelation if there is too much other disk activity, whether copying, detect-ads etc. This has not been associated with file system problems and still persists to this day as far as I know; I try to ensure that all such unnecessary disk operations avoid recording times.

This has not been associated with file system problems
Have you checked your disk stats and file system? Are you sure the additional EMI generated by the box when processing isn't raising the noise floor on your UHF reception? Are you copying using on-screen menus or using CF?

The CF uses a lower process priority so as not to conflict with the standard set-top processes. However, the same might not be true when using the standard set-top processes to do your copying!

I am with mihaid on this. I have reported on several occasions that I get recording pixelation if there is too much other disk activity, whether copying, detect-ads etc. This has not been associated with file system problems and still persists to this day as far as I know; I try to ensure that all such unnecessary disk operations avoid recording times.
Nonetheless, have you run fixdisk on such a problematic machine?

It would be interesting to know if the pixelation issue was or will be improved after doing so, as the best hypotheses to explain why this issue is observed by some users and not others involve disk or filesystem issues (that are not necessarily reported through the CF and certainly not through the Humax UI).

Back