Crash message Some.... may be deleted...."

Thanks. Here you go.
Code:
FOXT2# ls -l /mod/boot/bootstrap.d/                                                                 
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           786 Apr 24 17:46 xrts   

FOXT2# ls -l /mod/boot/2/lib*                                                                       
-rwx------    1 root     root         11092 Oct 16 19:33 /mod/boot/2/libdustbin.so                  
-rwx------    1 root     root         11092 Jan 22  2012 /mod/boot/2/libdustbin.so.install          
-rwx------    1 root     root          5824 Oct 16 19:33 /mod/boot/2/libfan.so                      
-rwx------    1 root     root          5824 Sep 14  2013 /mod/boot/2/libfan.so.install              
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         24712 Oct 16 19:33 /mod/boot/2/libir3.so                      
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         24712 Sep 12 15:59 /mod/boot/2/libir3.so.install              
-rwx------    1 root     root         44888 Oct 16 19:33 /mod/boot/2/libnugget.so                   
-rwx------    1 root     root         44888 Apr 24 17:46 /mod/boot/2/libnugget.so.install           
-rwx------    1 root     root         35488 Oct 16 19:33 /mod/boot/2/libredring.so                  
-rwx------    1 root     root         35488 Mar 29  2017 /mod/boot/2/libredring.so.install     

FOXT2# opkg search */mod/boot*|sort|uniq                                                            
boot-settings - 1.0.4                                                                              
crashdiag - 1.1                                                                                     
custom-portal - 1.12-1                                                                              
dbupdate - 1.0.0                                                                                   
disable-dso - 0.3-1                                                                                 
disable-ota - 1.0.3-4                                                                               
fan - 1.0.0                                                                                         
ir - 1.14                                                                                           
multienv - 1.7-1                                                                                    
multimode - 1.0.2                                                                                  
newk - 1.0.5-1                                                                                      
nugget - 1.0                                                                                        
opkg-beta - 1.1                                                                                    
redring - 2.20-1                                                                                    
rsvsync - 1.1.12-1                                                                                  
tmenu - 1.22                                                                                       
tunefix - 1.8.5                                                                                     
tweak - 1.0                                                                                         
undelete - 1.6-4                                                                                    
webif - 1.4.4-10

My own local copy only disables things if there were two reboots within 60 seconds of boot that occurred within 5 minutes of each other. It's dated 2014 but it doesn't look like I ever updated the multienv package.
Oh. I understood from years ago that that 'loop-buster check' had been added to the distributed version.

I have multienv-1.7-1 and it definitely contains the logic to check for a previous crash less than 5 minutes ago and uptime null or less than 60s.
Code:
# ls -l /mod/boot/posttvcrash 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1755 Mar 24  2014 /mod/boot/posttvcrash
But I think this doesn't deal with the complaint that the message is unclear. I think this is down to its formulation in /mod/etc/init.d/S30posttvcrash, for which I proposed some modifications in the original thread.

Last edited:
Is this "two early crashes within 5 mins" a thing or not? My friend with my HDR5 is reporting crash flags when there appears not to have been a crash (but she isn't running 24/7 with it).

Almost certainly futile, sadly.
A tad negative, no? I understand that some forum participants prefer not to show their working, but would you care to expand?

Is it that such mods can't work (WFM), or that making the warning banner accurate is not worthwhile, or that the flash package crash failsafe procedure ought to be reworked completely, or that it should be scrapped, or that any mods will not manage to be reflected in some future multienv -- in which case how about a multienv-ng?

A tad negative, no? I understand that some forum participants prefer not to show their working, but would you care to expand?
Possibly, but realistic, as nothing much seems to get incorporated any more.

Is it that such mods can't work (WFM), or that making the warning banner accurate is not worthwhile, or that the flash package crash failsafe procedure ought to be reworked completely, or that it should be scrapped, or that any mods will not manage to be reflected in some future multienv -- in which case how about a multienv-ng?

FWIW - I just just stuck a few "exit;" commands in appropriate places in the script and just ignore the message now..

Possibly, but realistic, as nothing much seems to get incorporated any more.
To overcome that, as multienv contains only text files, it would be quite easy to propose a modified package, or create a forked multienv-ng.

Back