Creating Folders Outside of My Video

Umpa

I created a folder called detect ads in the media folder, with the intention of having detect ads putting the cropped programme in there. I find that whilst this works, the file size is limited to 61MB. In fact copying a file there with the webif also limits the file size to 61MB.

What about you guys ?

Not a good idea. Too much of what the Humax does natively (and what the CF operations therefore hinge on) assume the files being operated on are in My Video. You would be necessitating a raft testing and debugging, and potentially re-writing.

Not a good idea. Too much of what the Humax does natively (and what the CF operations therefore hinge on) assume the files being operated on are in My Video. You would be necessitating a raft testing and debugging, and potentially re-writing.
So I have scrapped the idea. Just thought it was OK to do because the files were out of the backup range I have set on my NAS thus would not be backed up half way through any conversion.

Can't you limit the backup range to a subset of My Video? It is possible to do it the other way around: instead of the NAS fetching the backup, you could use sweeper or something to push files to the NAS.

Can't you limit the backup range to a subset of My Video? It is possible to do it the other way around: instead of the NAS fetching the backup, you could use sweeper or something to push files to the NAS.
The problem is [as far as I can make out] i would have to create a folder set for each folder in my video. Since these are created from the programme it records, its a huge variable. Its not a problem, I will have to work with what I have. its only a hobby - its just I wanted to automate it.

I will look in to sweeper, I don't know much about it.

The problem is [as far as I can make out] i would have to create a folder set for each folder in my video. Since these are created from the programme it records, its a huge variable.
I would expect there to be an "exclude" option in the NAS backup settings.

I would expect there to be an "exclude" option in the NAS backup settings.
None that would work for this situation, you can create a policy that works for files, but I would want it to ignore a directory and I cant see that option in backup station by qnap.

Back