Creating manual timer for several weeks hence

gomezz

With The Ashes now over I wanted to move my safeguard broadcast timer of TMS to the start of the first New Zealand test match on 20th November. No problem doing that. But then I thought I would edit the timer name to TMS to reflect its purpose using Raydons web interface. But I can't as the start and end times default back to the current day and cannot be changed beyond the middle of October. Is this a known thing?

(by safequard broadcast timer I mean when the play goes beyond the original scheduled end time and if you want to listen on catch up as I sometimes need to do at the end of a work day when I have to travel through a DAB radio blackspot then you sometimes find the BBC have not allowed for the overrun on iPlayer Radio / Sounds - yes I have complained to them)

Not sure I understand the issue. What do you mean by safeguard broadcast timer? A manual recording schedule? Can't you just remove the existing one with the incorrect title and create a new one?

With WebIf on the box itself you can only set up manual recording schedules up to 1 month in advance. If you're installing Remote Scheduling (the rs package) on your Foxsat-HDR you can schedule manual recordings far into the future via the Remote Scheduling Portal. Check out the Wiki: Remote Scheduling Portal.

Just out of curiosity what happens on BBC Sounds when a program overruns? Is the overrun available in the next program in the schedule?

That is the reason why I like to record the channel beyond the end of the scheduled coverage. Because any game overrun is chopped off and is not included in the next programme in BBC Sounds.

Ta for that info. Still find it odd that if I try to edit an existing timer it automatically alters to the date to today if it is set for too far in the future.

Back