Crop Failed

I've noticed that if you crop out advert breaks, the resulting file plays fine on the Hummy (there are a few seconds of sound dropout after the cropped sections) but Android video players like MX and BS think the files are longer than they are and get a bit confused at the points where sections have been cropped. Is this due to this sidecar files? Sorry if a bit off topic, but I thought I'd mention it as you are working on updating the package.

The sidecar files are only used by the humax, and the times in these are all fixed up. I don' t do anything with the timestamps in the ts stream chuncks which are trickier to fix up, and didn't seem to cause problem with most external players, but I can certainly see how it may confuse some is they use the start and end ones to calculate the length of the video. I'll look again into fixing these up at some point...

Thanks Drutt. You can work around it by dragging the time marker to after the ad break and scrolling back but it can be a bit fiddly. BS and MX Players for Android are both the same. VLC beta for Android can't cope with file times for hi def recordings from the Hummy at all: it just stays at zero and plays without transport controls even if the file is unedited.

New version (1.5) of nicesplice is uploaded, with better memory usage and no file length limit. I'll try and take a look fiddle the timestamps for fussy players issue at some point.

I am still getting this:

Code:
Processing Alex_20131022_1829
Moving recording to /media/My Video/[Unclassified]/_original
Runtime Error: execute.jim:43: Can't open /media/My Video/[Unclassified]/_original/Alex_20131022_1829.hmt
at file "execute.jim", line 43

It occurs immediately I try to crop the file, so I don't see how it can be memory related.

It looks on the face of it like an error coming from the webif part of it - does it fail if you crop via magic folders, or directly from the command line? I wonder if the path with square brackets is causing it trouble. Does it work if moved elsewhere first?

This is through the WebIF crop option, I presume the WebIF acts as a front-end for nicesplice. I can try moving the recording first.

That does look like a web interface issue rather than nicesplice. It isn't getting as far as calling nicesplice for some reason and unfortunately the error message doesn't provide any real clues. I'll see if I can work out a useful diagnostic process.

OK, I tried the crop again to confirm the same result, then moved the recording to a different folder "Test" and re-ran the crop - this time it worked (although the progress bar did show "NaN%" - yes I know that means "not a number" - until it displayed 100%).

Back