1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Firmware doesn't seem to 'stick' (HD-FOX T2)

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by mcwildcard, Dec 8, 2011.

1. mcwildcard

mcwildcard New Member

I've probably missed something glaringly obvious, but for whatever reason I don't seem to be able to get the custom firmware working. I updated to the latest Humax firmware, which worked fine, but when I try to install the latest custom firmware over it, everything seems to be fine, but nothing appears different. The custom portal doesn't come up when I go into the Humax portal, and I can't seem to telnet into the box, it just says it can't open a connection to the host. I'm definitely using the correct IP as stated in the box's settings.
    I'm perplexed!

Is there a surefire way to check that the custom firmware has 'stuck'?

2. mcwildcard

mcwildcard New Member

Well as if by magic, the telnet suddenly works!
    *shrug*

Ah well!

3. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

How are you doing now? You shouldn't need to use Telnet, but you will need to access the Web Interface using a web browser.

To check for sillies: you do have an external USB drive attached, and have used the HD-FOX to format it?

4. mcwildcard

mcwildcard New Member

All working like a charm now, the Web interface is fine and the custom portal is running great.
    I was concerned that the old laptop drive in an icybox I'm using was a problem, but even that's all good.
    :)