Custom Portal - Fails to load then fails to reinstall

Mateypeeps

After 7 years of flawless operation, the Custom Portal on my HDR-Fox T2 Freeview box failed to load. I got a "500 Internal Server Error" and have attempted to reinstall the web interface from a Telnet session using the 'fixweb' option in the main menu.

All roads are leading back to the same '500 Internal Server Error'.

I have run the 'general' diagnostic and this passes OK. However, when I run the 'cpdiag' and the command recommended at wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_TV_Portal_Diag (presumably, they do the same thing), I get the output shown in the attached images.

The only apparent errors are these lines:

md5sum: can't open '/var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt': No such file or directory
..and..
/bin/sh: /var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/custom-portal: not found
Short of attempting a complete reinstall of the system from a USB drive, I'm stuck for ideas on how to get the web interface going again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 13.26.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 13.26.01.png
    571.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 13.26.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 13.26.26.png
    330 KB · Views: 3
Ignoring that this is posted in the wrong section of the forum... (it's been moved now))

The custom-portal package is no longer supported, because Humax firmware version 1.3 went over to a different browser (which is how it – and we – can display a screen on the TV). Basically, since (IIRC) 2017, if it has been working for you then it has only done so if you didn't update your firmware.

Last edited:
Ignoring that this is posted in the wrong section of the forum...

The custom-portal package is no longer supported, because Humax firmware version 1.3 went over to a different browser (which is how it – and we – can display a screen on the TV). Basically, since (IIRC) 2017, if it has been working for you then it has only done so if you didn't update your firmware.
Thanks, BH. I installed the latest firmware and it's back up and running.

My (incorrect) assumption was that the firmware would automatically update via the daily update process. So, I'll keep an eye out for those updates from now on.

Thanks, BH. I installed the latest firmware and it's back up and running.
Eh? So far as I know, custom-portal (which is no longer available to be installed) relies on mongoose (which is no longer available and was replaced by lighttpd). I think I was wrong about the browser business. Are you sure you're not talking about new-portal?

Back