I installed the custom firmware on my HDR T2 a couple of months ago. Went to use the custom portal though and it had dissapeared.
1. How do I install the customer firmware again - just install it from USB stick as previous? Will that pick up all my old 'custom' stuff? Of so I need to reset it somehow?
2. Is the disable OTA package considered 'safe' to use?
2. Thats what I dont understand. I was on the 2.10 custom firmware, which is equivilent to the official 1.02.28 latest/beta?
1. Yes just download the 1.02.28 mod 211 and install as usual
2. There have been no bad reports about disable-ota but as you are at 1.o2.28 there won't be an OTA to disable for a while anyway
If you was on 1.02.20 before the OTA you may find 3 packages won't work now, they are The Custom TV portal, redring and undelete, this is because a 'prepare for upgrade' utility should have been run between 1.02.20 and 1.02.28. If you were previously on 1.02.27 they should be O.K.
Well, I thought this was all OK. Reflashed the firmware, checked web interface was there, installed the do not update, and didn't think any more of it.
But my custom portal isn't working.
So even though I had previously run the prepare for update thing, it looks like it got revoked.
How do I get this back? Is it safe to just run again?