Daily emails from Remote Scheduling about failed recording

geoffd

I am currently getting a daily email from the Remote Scheduling service informing me that a failed recording has been detected. Initially this was in fact the case and I deleted the recording using the OPT+ button on the remote but the emails keep coming.

I have seen that sometimes there can be a stray hmt file left around or some other remnant so I have checked using both ftp and file explorer but can't find any files with that base filename or any files with the date and time of the original failed recording. In the email it has the name of the recording starting with / and with no file suffix. The original failed recording was in the root folder so I am assuming that any remnant couldn't be lurking in a sub folder.

I know I could switch off the failed recording emails but I am reluctant to do so because it has proved useful in the past. Any thoughts?

Thanks Black Hole. I had done some searching of the forums before posting, which was where I found out about hmt files being left around and using ftp to explore the file system, but nothing further. However I had not tried using a Google site specific search and that found a different thread from April this year where you mention an rs/sync diagnostic. I have now run that and the message that was on the rs.hpkg.tv page saying there was a failed recording has now disappeared (using the bin symbol on that message previously had had no effect). Hopefully that has done the trick but I won't know until tomorrow. No more posts means it was successful.

Thanks for the advice. As a software developer for many years I thought I knew all there was to know about searching!

Back