Database Browser Problem on HD-FOX

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
While checking out the .db files for another thread, I found a problem: the WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Database Browser doesn't seem to work for /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db on HD-FOX. I just get a blank page.

It works fine for channel.db on my HDR-FOXes, it works fine for other .db files on my HD-FOX, and /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db exists on HD-FOX according to WebIF >> Diagnostics >> File Editor.

Confirmation from other HD-FOX users welcome.

Use the command line tool. Probably means the database is corrupt somehow.

Probably means the database is corrupt somehow.
I guess so:
Code:
HDFOX3# ls /var/lib/humaxtv
browser             default_setup.db    freq.db             route.eth0.conf     setup.db
channel.db          drm                 mm.db               rsv.db              tempsetup.db
cookie.txt          dtcp.rng            mod                 rsv_fail.db
default_channel.db  ext_hdd_info        resolv.conf         rsvp.db
HDFOX3# sqlite3 channel.db
SQLite version 3.43.2 2023-10-10 12:14:04
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> .databases
Error: unable to open database "channel.db": unable to open database file
HDFOX3#

It's a mystery that the unit functions OK! I guess a factory reset will sort it...

Error: unable to open database "channel.db": unable to open database file
Yeah, but you didn't change directory first did you? So you'll still be in the root, which is not writable. "ls" is not "cd".
And the command you want is ".dump", not ".databases" which doesn't really tell you a lot.

Doh! I meant to do a cd followed by an ls... :oops:

That's better, but .dump tells me no more (it just, well, dumps...) in as much as I have no idea how to drive this thing. No error messages coming up anyway.

It works for me on both HDR and HD.

Was there an error message in the webif-error.log ? Did you try rebooting and having another go?
Sometimes the Humax software locks databases which will cause a blank display.

Was there an error message in the webif-error.log ?
webif-error.log is empty, even before a reboot.

Did you try rebooting and having another go?
The diagnostics reboot failed, it got stuck with "rEbt" on the LED display and WebIF reloaded with "cannot find humaxtv process" status. I tried going in and out of Maintenance Mode but that didn't help. I then tried pressing the reset tit, after which there was vision but no sound and then it went into the Maintenance Mode I initiated before so who knows what kind of a mess the HD-FOX was in! And yet it seemed to be working normally except for viewing channel.db!!

Rebooting out of Maintenance Mode (via the web page) has restored everything, including WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Database Browser >> /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db.

Thanks for the help. I avoid rebooting if possible, so as not to lose debug information.

Curious: why could the sqlite3 command "see" the content of channel.db when the WebIF browser could not?

Last edited:
Back