De duplicating HD

Brian Davison

Prior to my upgrade to 1.03 I had a setting that disbaled the flag on HD recordings that was supposed to stop them being decrypted. They would decrypt automatically when copied to an external, or could be decrypted on the hard drive just like the SD ones.

Do I need to reset that ? If so how (I can't remember what I did years back)

There is a Web-If package called Auto-unprotect, that removes the ENC flag from Hi-Def recordings, you can check its status in the Web-If >> Package Management >> Installed / Available screens. It is not normally necessary to do so, but you can remove (uninstall it) and the re-install it

Prior to my upgrade to 1.03 I had a setting that disbaled the flag on HD recordings that was supposed to stop them being decrypted. They would decrypt automatically when copied to an external, or could be decrypted on the hard drive just like the SD ones.

Do I need to reset that ? If so how (I can't remember what I did years back)
If custom firmware is no longer doing what you think it should be after a standard firmware update, the likelihood is that the standard firmware update has displaced your custom firmware. Re-loading the custom firmware should restore functionality.

See also HERE (click) - read down to post 5.

It would be helpful for future reference if the title to this topic was more appropriate, especially as "dedup" means something different to the mod community - how about "HD No Longer Being Unprotected"

Back