De-Flagging HD files so it will not show Enc

Sontawila

Hi,

I own a Humax iCord HD+ receiver and I just discuoverd that my HD recordings is encrypted and can only be played using the SAME receiver.

I've been searching for any means to decrypt the files and it seems there is no possible way to do so directly through the PC.

I've stumbled into the topic of Foxy and the genius way of how it can trick the receiver (T2) to decode the files for you. Only problem is, my receiver is iCordHD+ and foxy will not work with its .hmt files.

Is there a way to have foxy work with my files? or alternatively, if you would be so kind and just tell me what are the fields that I need to edit using a Hex editor so I can de-flag the encrypt files?

Thanks very much.

If its the same as the Fox-T2, de-flagging the file does not decrypt it. They are then copied. It's the copying that does the encryption once the flag has been cleared.

Is there a way to have foxy work with my files? or alternatively, if you would be so kind and just tell me what are the fields that I need to edit using a Hex editor so I can de-flag the encrypt files?
It might help if you posted a sample .hmt file from an HD and SD recording.

. . . if you would be so kind and just tell me what are the fields that I need to edit using a Hex editor so I can de-flag the encrypt files?
There are details of the byte that is altered in the WiKi HERE, Please note that the details are for the HDR-Fox T2 and HD-Fox T2, the byte used in your hmt files may be different

There are details of the byte that is altered in the WiKi Please note that the details are for the HDR-Fox T2 and HD-Fox T2, the byte used in your hmt files may be different

And went through the Hex codes and updated it. However, when I copied back to the STB it still showed the ENC flag. It seems the iCord HD+ file structure is different.

Back