Decrypting file - File Size Mismatch

geordie

I am trying to decrypt files on one of my Humax. When it decrypts different files, I get a File Size Mismatch error.

Now I have had the machine off for a while because it reboots regularly, between 10 and 20 minutes. This is another issue, but it is not showing any disk errors so I think it is a hardware error that would be hard to trace and replace.

The decryption will take less than the average time between reboots but any idea why different decryptions cause this error.

I am trying to get the files which were recorded on this Humax and transferred to a USB using the WebIF, decrypted. I do have a second Humax but I don't see how I can decrypt those files on a different Humax.

There should be no difference in length between the decrypted and encrypted files - length should be identical
Sometime file corruption can prevent decryption.
You can try the slower software decryption but it is unlikely to give different results.
Decryption can be done on another humax by changing the encryption keys on the box or using software decryption.
No doubt @Black Hole will post a link to his guide shortly

I am trying to decrypt files on one of my Humax. When it decrypts different files, I get a File Size Mismatch error... it is not showing any disk errors so I think it is a hardware error that would be hard to trace and replace.
I can't think what else could cause this other than disk errors. This is a reason for routine decryption rather than only decrypting on demand.

Now I have had the machine off for a while because it reboots regularly, between 10 and 20 minutes.
Have you performed diagnosis? Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)

I am trying to get the files which were recorded on this Humax and transferred to a USB using the WebIF
The WebIF won't transfer to USB any faster than the normal Media >> OPT+ >> Copy process, and that decrypts on copy (assuming StDef, or HiDef with protection removed). Why are you not using download?

I do have a second Humax but I don't see how I can decrypt those files on a different Humax.
You can make the second HDR-FOX spoof the decryption (I assume by "Humax" you mean HDR-FOX - this won't work with anything other than a HDR-FOX or HD-FOX):

WebIF >> Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Encryption Key >> Custom encryption key

By inserting the key from HDR1 into the custom key field for HDR2, HDR2 will decrypt recordings from HDR1 (but not recordings previously made by HDR2). This only works while the HDR is booted with CF. Without CF, the HDR reverts to its original key.

Alternatively, recordings can be decrypted in Windows or Linux.

No doubt @Black Hole will post a link to his guide shortly
Decryption Guide

Last edited:
Does this mean changing the key on that device.
I thought I was explicit on that point:
You can make the second HDR-FOX spoof the decryption (I assume by "Humax" you mean HDR-FOX - this won't work with anything other than a HDR-FOX or HD-FOX):

WebIF >> Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Encryption Key >> Custom encryption key

By inserting the key from HDR1 into the custom key field for HDR2, HDR2 will decrypt recordings from HDR1

Back