Delete bug

Member 7823

If you delete any recordings (Tidy up) whilst you are watching a recording, it also deletes the recording you are watching
This is exacerbated because the 4/5000 series has no recycle bin

If you delete any recordings (Tidy up) whilst you are watching a recording, it also deletes the recording you are watching
This is exacerbated because the 4/5000 series has no recycle bin
Please give the exact details of what you are doing, so that I can try to reproduce this.
I have tried deleting a recording whilst watching another recording, and this did not delete the one being watched.

I simply pop the recordings menu
Navigate to a folder
Select any episodes I have already watched
Press delete
It deletes those episodes and then deletes the recording Im watching, even if its a movie thats not even in the same or any other folder
Its happened to me twice since the update and Ive only done it twice

I can only imagine that it is because i am "Selecting" many recording to delete, and the recording I am watching is already "selected"

Never used to happen before the update and I guess it also happens with 500 series too

Any developers reading - When pressing "Select", first line = Flush the select buffer

I have tried selecting and deleting six recordings whilst playing another recording, and the one being watched was not deleted.
Then I deliberately selected the recording being watched, together with some others, and this time it was deleted.
This does not seem to be a bug, more an operator error.

I can only imagine that it is because i am "Selecting" many recording to delete, and the recording I am watching is already "selected"
Why is the recording you are watching already selected? Have you selected it as one of a group for series playback, or is that your modus operandi to select and then play selected? Can you not just highlight (rather than select) and play as per HDR-FOX?

Back