1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deletion of 'dross' channels

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by AlanB, Nov 15, 2012.

1. AlanB

AlanB Member

On my old Topfield 5810 is was important to delete unwanted channels, as too many channels could overload limited memory space and cause a crash, especially when running the MySpace tap. Is there a similar problem with the Humax HDR Fox-T2?

One reason to enquire is that deleting a channel requires a lot of key-strokes, so deleting a lot of them is not to be undertaken lightly. Is there a custom firmware package for simplifying this?

2. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

Not so far as I am aware at the present time. There does seem to be an issue with the earlier SD Humax recorders that can be ameliorated by omitting a multiplex when tuning.

3. MattC

MattC Member

Yeah, you can delete them in bulk quite easily though the standard on-screen interface. I'm at work so can't remember the menus to go through.. it's something like Channel List.. and then start hitting the Delete button (Red?) to kill 'em. Save the list & you're done.

4. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

There isn't currently a custom package to help with this.

5. Philip Coles

Philip Coles New Member

I think it's under Menu > Edit Channels, then you tick all the channels you don't want, then click Delete.

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

Yes, quite simple.

7. clemenzina

clemenzina Member

Menu>Settings>Edit Channels.

I'm trying to think of a word I've never seen before, but unfortunately that's one task that has to be done for you by others :confused:

8. Brian

Brian Administrator Staff Member

I have moved the "word of the day" posts to the Hummy Arms HERE.

af123 likes this.