Detect Ads

SandyMac

Have been away all summer and on my return I noticed that all recordings still had ads. I have investigated the logs and can see no reason for this. The Chaseget log has recurring entries of "not awakened by chaseget - quit" but nothing on the detect ads that I can see as to why it's no longer working. Recmon shows detect ads starting and stopping as appropriate. It also has "/mod/webif/lib/queue.class:128: Error: no such table: queue" entries but don't know what this refers to.

Another strange thing I have noticed is that I can only view one file in every folder on webif, regardless of how many are actually there (and correctly indicated on the parent folder). I cannot, therefore force detect ads to process the files again to determine if it will be successful. I have tried a reboot without success.

Am I missing something obvious? Can anyone shed any light on this?

EDIT:

I ran "fix flash packages" and can now see all files. Not sure if this will fix detect ads but will test later. Any ideas what the following errors mean and if I should be concerned?

Installing poweron-channel (1.0.3) to root...
Collected errors:
* opkg_download_pkg: Package poweron-channel is not available from any configured src.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download poweron-channel. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package poweron-channel.
Configuring webif.
Collected errors:
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico: No such file or directory.

Last edited:
It sounds that something has possibly gone wrong with the queue database.
Is there anything in webif-error.log?
A force reinstall of the webif package via the diagnostics page may well sort it out.

poweron-channel is obsolete and has been superceded by the boot-settings package

Check the queue display to see what is waiting to be processed - you may have a quite a backlog if it has been recording while you were away.
Once the backlog subsides you can select recordings in browse and use the queue for detectads button if necessary - leave on overnight to process.

The queue stuff was to do with a WebIf update/failure or something like that. The details are on here somewhere.
Make sure all your packages (and the CF) are up to date. There really isn't any need to be on legacy versions of anything.

Thanks for the quick response everyone. By forcing a "fix flash packages", it seems to have solved my problems. I've now installed the boot-settings package. Must have missed the fact that poweron-channel was obsolete. Hopefully, I've now got everything back to normal. Am currently running detect ads on all appropriate folders. Will test detect ads chaserun on the next recording.

On looking at the current queue, it's obvious that something corrupted whilst I was away as none of the files were decrypted as well. Everything running smoothly now. Happy bunny again. This Hummy just keeps on running. :)

Nice one, Black Hole. I obviously meant the hardware. Software by definition can fail but at least it is recoverable. :)

In saying the above, I notice that every time I try to upgrade mvdisks, it states success but doesn't actually upgrade the package. similarly with the webif and webif-channelicons, when I view them on installed packages they are greyed out but when I click on info then they appear. However, if I then refresh the page, they revert back to the remove button being greyed out. Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Black Hole. I've removed it. Just got to figure out the webif issue. Trying to investigate now.

I have re-run fix-flash-packages and still get the following error.

Configuring webif.
Collected errors:
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico: No such file or directory.

On viewing the webif package on the packages page, the remove button is again greyed out. Any idea why the favicon.ico is missing? What package installs this? webif-channelicons is installed and is the only package that I assume would set this up. Given my previous problems relating to detect ads and decrypt, I assume this is the root cause but have run out of ideas on how to progress it. Any help appreciated. :(

You can do a force-reinstall of the webif package from the diagnostics screen, but I think that's effectively what the fix-flash-packages does.

Don't worry about that error message. It's appearing because that is one of the files that you can replace locally if you want and it will not be overwritten by future package updates - see https://github.com/hummypkg/webif/blob/master/CONTROL/conffiles
It isn't an obvious message, but it's effectively just saying that the file is missing on your box and it will leave it that way.

If you want to restore the favicon file to the default, try this from the CLI/webshell:

Code:
wget -P /mod/webif/html https://github.com/hummypkg/webif/raw/master/webif/html/favicon.ico --no-check-certificate

Thanks, af123. Should I be worried that the remove button is greyed out or is this a safeguard? Strangely when I click on info, the remove button is active again but on refresh reverts to greyed out.

Back