Difference between 1800T&2000T ?

Eagles

This may sound like a silly question but what is the difference between these two other than the capacity?

I don't think the 2000 has a screen either, the only cosmetic difference being the silver front panel rather than black.

This may sound like a silly question but what is the difference between these two other than the capacity?
(1) Colour.

(2) HDR-2000T has 2 USB ports, the HDR-1800T has 1 USB port.

(3) The HDR-2000T standard remote control (RM-I09U) has a dedicated button for switching the remote to TV mode and a dedicated button for switching the remote to PVR mode.
The HDR-1800T standard remote (RM-H06S) does not have a TV mode. This frees a button for 'WIDE' and another button for 'TV/RADIO'.
(Both units can use the other's remote.)

My combined manual for the 1800T/2000T shows the layout of the HDR-2000T remote. For the layout of the HDR-1800T it erroneously repeats the diagram of the HDR-2000T remote's layout but the description appears to be correct.

(1) Colour.

(2) HDR-2000T has 2 USB ports, the HDR-1800T has 1 USB port.

(3) The HDR-2000T standard remote control (RM-I09U) has a dedicated button for switching the remote to TV mode and a dedicated button for switching the remote to PVR mode.
The HDR-1800T standard remote (RM-H06S) does not have a TV mode. This frees a button for 'WIDE' and another button for 'TV/RADIO'.
(Both units can use the other's remote.)

My combined manual for the 1800T/2000T shows the layout of the HDR-2000T remote. For the layout of the HDR-1800T it erroneously repeats the diagram of the HDR-2000T remote's layout but the description appears to be correct.

Just the reply I was looking for, thanks!

(4) there have been reports that current production models of the HDR-1880T have a 2.5" inch hard drive; previously both boxes had a 3.5" drive.

(4) there have been reports that current production models of the HDR-1880T have a 2.5" inch hard drive; previously both boxes had a 3.5" drive.
There are also reports that the latest HDR-2000Ts also now have a 2.5".

I'd be interested in knowing what Make/Model these 2.5" drives are, if anybody has one.

Back