disappearing BBC1 HD since freeview retune

the first time i've had to post on here for years thanks to all the firmware i last downloaded being so bloody stable that everything has worked like a dream!!

here's my thing, i live in sheffield and did the retune last week, chose yorkshire, over south yorkshire, as that's what i've always done. everything fine, ch 101 bbc yorks!

next day i noticed a slew of missed recordings, not just BBC but other HD ones too. then i noticed 101 had vanished. i rescanned and all seemed good until next time i turned it on, and saw more missed recordings and a disappeared bbc one yorkshire. it's now happened every single time i turn it back on. tried using south yorkshire option but the same thing. it's becoming frustrating as that one channel just won't stay after i've turned to box off.

any clues? the signal strength is superb, as it always was, on all channels, but the very one they did the retune for isn't there. thanks in advance

i have a bttv pro box and that's stable with the HD channel being in place since last wednesday's retune. with 100/100 for signal strength and quality.

This should be in the Custom Firmware section, but...

I assume I'll need to retune manually, but don't see the relevance of removing Yorkshire on tunefix?
excuse my apparent stupidity!
The stupidity is installing stuff without making a note what and why! Memory is insufficient over a period of years.

Another stupidity is the scatter-gun approach to posting a question – it is not polite.

tunefix tidies up your tuning to how you would like it after you've done a retune, so if a "new" service keeps disappearing it is likely to be because you've set tunefix to keep what you've specifically asked it to and remove everything else.

It can't reinstate anything, so first you need to adjust the tunefix settings (or disable it by removing the package), then perform a retune. The settings won't be lost, so if you reinstall tunefix they'll still be there.

oh I see, many apologies for my posts. it's been so long and so stable that I've not had to use anything for almost six years.
i did go back into the other posts to try to delete them but could only edit?
I merely replied to the thread that had the answer from luke, and sorry again for highjacking posts in the wrong section.
all appears to be well now anyway, thanks to both of you.

Back