DLNA file order

ememtium

Hi everyone

I have copied a large number of photos onto my HDR-FOX T2 and can view them all correctly using the built in photo viewer. However the display is quite slow, with a 'processing' screen appearing between each photo.

I can also view the same photos via the photo viewer on my Panasonic Viera TV using DLNA. This displays them much quicker and fades between them nicely. The only problem I have is that the photos appear on the Panasonic in a random order, i.e. not in filename order. The Panasinc does not have a 'sort' option as far as I can see. If I use Media Monkey on a laptop to connect to the Humax media server, the photos also appear in the 'wrong' order, as per the Panasonic.

I have tried installing the custom firmware and MediaTomb, but can't get this to add the photos to its database, only video and music files.

I have also disabled the sharing, reset the database and then re-enabled to rebuild the database, but the photos still appear in the wrong order (exactly the same as before).

Does anyone know how the Humax DLNA database sorts the image files? Is there anything I can do to change the sorting order to filename sequence?

Thanks

If you prefer the TV's method of displaying photos from an album, why involve the Humax at all? I have very little doubt the TV would be able to read the photos directly from a USB stick/drive, and you may be able to control the order of display or at least load the photos onto the stick in the order you want them displayed. Whatever happens you will be no worse off.

Yes, that will probably be the best option. I just liked the ease of transferring files to the Humax via FTP and I have the 1tb model, so have plenty of spare disk space. The TV can read from USB or SD card, so will go with that.

Thanks

Back