DLNA/Transferring files

waterman4

I got this machine last week and I love it. Just a couple of things I'm not sure about though.

Firstly, how do you connect to DLNA and why would you want that? Does that mean you can play media stored locally on your devices on your telly?

Secondly, is it possible to transfer recorded programmes onto my smartphone with usb cable or whatever?

thanks

DLNA is a method for sharing media across the home network with other DLNA-capable devices. For more information see the relevant entry in my Glossary (click). If you want other devices to have access to the 2000T recordings (StDef only), you will need to turn on content sharing in the Internet settings menu.

By connecting a USB drive to the 2000T you will be able to copy content onto it using the OPT+ menu. Only StDef content will be usable in this way. You will only be able to transfer content directly to a smartphone if the smartphone USB connection is recognised as if it were a USB drive. Alternatively you could load content onto your smartphone using DLNA.

Back