Do subtitles work properly on the FVP-5000T

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the HDR-FOX T2 and on the HDR-1800/2000T subtitles have a tendency to get out of synch with the video/audio (in my experience performance on BBC channels is generally acceptable but ITV channels are particularly prone to the subtitles getting ahead of the video/audio). I am told the Youview boxes are much better in this respect. Does the FVP-5000T make a decent job of displaying subtitles on all channels?

Note this particularly affects trick-play, ie after a skip back the subtitles may be significantly ahead of the scene they apply to. See:
On our hdr-Fox t2, we have subtitles on permanently to help with our failing hearing. There is just one problem with some programmes, notably with replays of old Midsummer Murders! We notice that when we rewind a live play, or run a recording, the subtitles can appear before the actor actually mouths the words - sometimes two or three scenes early - can seriously ruin a climax!
For mainly this reason, we are thinking of buying a new Humax - but we would be extremely disappointed if the new gadget had the same problem.
So can anyone tell me if they know whether the more recent boxes do, or do not, have this problem?

I asked the same question over on MyHumax.org (where there seem to be more FVP-5000T owners) and the consensus there is that subtitles work properly on a FVP-50000T.

Back