Do you think the 5000 is now redundant?

Member 7823

Seems like you tube and some other apps stopped working
If I cast to YT on FVT 5000 it fails to open and connect, I can cast directly to my TV no problem. Used to work

If I choose a catch-up episode from the search list it also fails to open, but if I open the player and did it works fine.

It hasn't been supported for a couple of years now

It's a shame because the hardware if good and only the software stopping it dancing like Fred Astaire. I wonder if Humax would let me have the source code for it to design some slick software. How many 4000/5000 are out there so you think?

If I choose a catch-up episode from the search list it also fails to open, but if I open the player and did it works fine.

It hasn't been supported for a couple of years now

I think people who just want to use it as a PVR with some catchup capability will continue to use the box; clearly Humax are focussing on the Aura now which is a nicer box to use but still has some software niggles that need sorting out.
It's a shame because the hardware if good and only the software stopping it dancing like Fred Astaire. I wonder if Humax would let me have the source code for it to design some slick software.
I think it is very unlikely but to quote an old saying "If you don't ask, you don't get". How much software development experience do you have?
How many 4000/5000 are out there so you think?
I really don't know as I think the market has been moving away from PVRs and relying more on streaming. To take a wild guess based on absolutely nothing I would estimate 100,000 to 200,000.

Seems like you tube and some other apps stopped working
If I cast to YT on FVT 5000 it fails to open and connect, I can cast directly to my TV no problem. Used to work
I have just cast a video from YouTube on my tablet to the 5000T and it played OK. So it is still working for me.

Back