Does Factory reset delete HDD contents on 1010S

BobDuncan

Just discontinued Sky a year after I meant to. Been using a Humax refurb 1010S (wanted scart not on 1100) for a year with one sat input fine. It is not recognising 2nd sat input just released from Sky box. Thought it was the cable but swopping made no difference. As the 1 Tb HDD is full of stuff I don't want to lose am frightened of doing factory reset. I see Graham prefers this route.
One thing I really miss is the bulk copying available on Sky. By Scart or in my case splitter/standalone avermedia HDMI capture box (wonderful bit of kit - I have 2). To do one file at a time live means I might be better off fitting a new HDD. Are there any patches to allow bulk copying?

Probably not. On the FOX boxes the reset function has a checkbox to select formatting or not.

Looking on our 1010S, the factory reset option lists things it will do but formatting isn't one of them.
Below the factory reset menu option there is 'storage' for the HDD. Down in there is a separate format option, so I'd be surprised if the factory reset did this without warning.

It is not recognising 2nd sat input just released from Sky box.
Is there anything in the setup menu re single and two cable installations. There is on a Foxsat and if it's originally set up with only one LNB connection, it stays on single cable unless you have a poke about in the menus to set it to dual.

Probably not. On the FOX boxes the reset function has a checkbox to select formatting or not.

Looking on our 1010S, the factory reset option lists things it will do but formatting isn't one of them.
Below the factory reset menu option there is 'storage' for the HDD. Down in there is a separate format option, so I'd be surprised if the factory reset did this without warning.
Thanks for reply - rang Humax who said it wouldn't so I did it and all is OK though as anticipated had to reenter recording info. Found out from Humax that the HB 1100S allows interchangeable USB HDD which would get over the drive full problem. It appears that if you swop a bigger drive into the 1010S and later try to replace the original one with your stuff on it will be automatically reformatted. Only way to make space will be to copy one at a time live which could take months.

The latest software update for the G2 Foxsat models will check the number of connections and adjust as required by simply carrying out a Freesat tune. You still have to re-enter the recording schedule though.

I would be surprised if you can't swap a drive previously used to record on the same G2 box and it insists on reformatting. It certainly does on a Foxsat-HDR as I used to use an external caddy for the internal recording drive using a esata cable and was able to swap drives (powered off) at will. Mind you the Foxsat will play back encrypted recordings made on the box using usb.

Back