Does the Humax PVR 9150T Scart socket support component video?

marada

Someone is giving me the Humax PVR 9150T for free and I wondered if it's scart socket supports component video? I ask this as I want to connect it to a screen which only has component and was thinking of buying something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/InLine®-Sc...476618517&sr=1-12&keywords=scart+to+component

I like the idea of something like this rather than a powered converter, as it cuts down on clutter in my living room. But obviously this will only work if the scart socket supports component video.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Scart has RGB and L/R audio. How do you intend to connect a scart plug to a component video input without some sort of adapter?

What is the difference between RGB and component video?
Or does the OP really mean 'composite video'? But his link went to a scart to RGB adapter, and that is really only a device that will accept a scart plug and output the signal on cables with pretty coloured RCA sockets at the ends. But his link also says it does composite video as well, so quite what the problem is, I'm not sure.

The Topfield TF5800PVRt can certainly output Component Video through a suitable Scart to Component cable.

The TV Scart can be set to output the following- CVBS/S-Video/RGB/YUV

Last edited:
RGB is NOT component. Component is YUV or YPbPr or even Y/C (usually called S-Video). These are all matrixed versions of RGB.
Perhaps the OP ought to clarify exactly what he expects to mean by 'component'.
I expect the 9150 has selectable output, but I don't possess one. My 9200 does CVBS (composite), S-Video and RGB.

Someone is giving me the Humax PVR 9150T for free and I wondered if it's scart socket supports component video? I ask this as I want to connect it to a screen which only has component and was thinking of buying something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/InLine®-Scart-Adapter-plug-Composite/dp/B001JKLIRE/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1476618517&sr=1-12&keywords=scart+to+component

I like the idea of something like this rather than a powered converter, as it cuts down on clutter in my living room. But obviously this will only work if the scart socket supports component video.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

The only boxes I ever had that provides component Y Pr Pb (uses the RGB scart connections so component and RGB are mutually exclusive) was the Topfield 9800 and a DVD player (which had component via the usual 4 phono connections) and a few games consoles (like the original Wii that required a special cable and only provided 480p at 29.97 fps). RGB can be converted to component (losslessly) but requires a powered converter.

None of the Humax boxes had component but till the latest boxes most had RGB (analogue) outputs with sync provided by the scart composite connection.

Back