Driving and Roads

I reckon possibly one of the directors of Wilko, given the local connection (and a bit of poking about on Companies House site gives a potential candidate!). Or maybe I'm wrong, given it's the wrong side of the county from us.
a local dentist with his name on the plate
:frantic:
Didn't surgeons get struck off for that sort of thing! :rolling:

Didn't surgeons get struck off for that sort of thing!
No idea!
Dentists should get struck off for calling themselves doctor - unless they have a doctorate degree. (But what about GPs and junior "doctors" I hear you ask? :dunno: ). In any case surgeons are Mr/miss/Mrs.

Put "surgeon initials liver" in to $search_engine.
I think you might have missed the humour - dental plate vs number plate.
Dentists should get struck off for calling themselves doctor - unless they have a doctorate degree.
They are all qualified, and anyway you can't be struck off if you haven't as you're not on the register in the first place (dodgy dealings that have been reported in the press aside).
(But what about GPs and junior "doctors" I hear you ask?)
No difference.

Only if the dentist is skilled and has a fine enough needle you don't feel it. Unlike that "sharp scratch" I had with this morning's blood test.

Our neighbours have a personal plate which they say is for their surname. Name is 9 ch and plate is 6 ch of which only 4 correspond with ones in the name. I had no idea of any connection till they mentioned it. Pointless as far as I could see, but I suppose it's easier to remember when they change cars.

(I'm not putting the plate and their name up in public as search robots have a habit of regurgitating such things at inconvenient times and the neighbours might not be happy.)

That's better than the cars which indicate and not mean it ("oh, I'm going straight across at the roundabout so I'll indicate right and scare the b'jesus out of the car to my right"; or "I'm coming off the roundabout next-but-one so I'll start indicating now")!
Saw one today, indicating right but in the left lane approaching the roundabout to go straight on... except at this particular roundabout there is no left exit!

Back