Empty Dustbin

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
Probably file under pedantic but...
As per the attached log output it appears that the files to be removed are deleted and then any empty folders should be deleted.
This does not seem to be working. The empty folders remain and are removed 24 hours later.
Can this be fixed so that the folders are deleted at the same time after the files are removed ?
Empty Dustbin.jpg

Thank you

This does not seem to be working. The empty folders remain and are removed 24 hours later.
Can't reproduce I'm afraid. If you can, can you show before and after listings using ls -la in the appropriate directories.
You can run /mod/sbin/empty_dustbin manually to save waiting overnight.

Can't reproduce I'm afraid. If you can, can you show before and after listings using ls -la in the appropriate directories.
I found in my test run there was a .series file left in the bin folder and so the folder wasn't deleted until that file also expires which is working as designed but it would appear to be an empty folder when viewed from the webif.

The orphaned hmt file check is run after the empty folder check so if orphaned hmt removal emptied a folder it wouldn't be immediately deleted.
There are no orphaned hmts found in the log posted

The final free space probably should be last (not that orphaned hmts is likely to consume significant space)

Last edited:
I found in my test run there was a .series file left in the bin folder
That was my suspicion too, but I haven't yet got round to proving it.
so the folder wasn't deleted until that file also expires which is working as designed
Yes, but a bit naff.
The orphaned hmt file check is run after the empty folder check so if orphaned hmt removal emptied a folder it wouldn't be immediately deleted.
I've already fixed that one too, as well as the need to run the folder find twice. And the problem where there is a .htm and .nts file orphaned.
The final free space probably should be last (not that orphaned hmts is likely to consume significant space)
Agreed.

@prpr Thanks for the response. Am unable to run this until the weekend. Will respond as soon as done.
Will also check for .series file.

Managed to sneak it in...
I have attached multiple screen shots as follows (in the order they were done):
Dustbin 8-12-22.jpg is from WebIf
Dustbin 8-12-22 (Telnet).jpg is ls -la of the Dustbin
Dustbin Escape 8-12-22 (Telnet).jpg is ls -la of Escape to the Country
Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg is from WebIf
Dustbin 9-12-22 (Telnet).jpg is ls -la of the Dustbin
Dustbin Escape 9-12-22 (Telnet).jpg is ls-la of Escape to the Country
Empty Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg is the manual run of empty_dustbin
After Empty-Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg is ls -la of Dustbin

Hopefully something can be gleaned from these.

Attachments

• After Empty-Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg
    After Empty-Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Dustbin 8-12-22 (Telnet).jpg
    Dustbin 8-12-22 (Telnet).jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Dustbin 8-12-22.jpg
    Dustbin 8-12-22.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Dustbin 9-12-22 (Telnet).jpg
    Dustbin 9-12-22 (Telnet).jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg
    Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Dustbin Escape 8-12-22 (Telnet).jpg
    Dustbin Escape 8-12-22 (Telnet).jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Dustbin Escape 9-12-22 (Telnet).jpg
    Dustbin Escape 9-12-22 (Telnet).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Empty Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg
    Empty Dustbin 9-12-22.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 9
I've updated undelete to remove any files beginning with '.' in directories in the bin when there are no regular files in the same directory. Hopefully this should resolve the problem.

Back