EPG out of sync

Anonimouse

Aura 400t my epg has become out of sync, the time shown across the top is approx 2 hours different to the programs below, thus I cannot see the current programs and change the channel, Only the record option. I cannot scroll back to the 'correct' time.

Aura 400t
What? The Aura is Humax's current PVR offering, using Android for the user interface, or the FVP-4000T is an older unit running on Linux. I'll assume you have the 4000T, considering the sub-forum you've chosen to post in.

my epg has become out of sync, the time shown across the top is approx 2 hours different to the programs below, thus I cannot see the current programs and change the channel, Only the record option. I cannot scroll back to the 'correct' time.
There are only two remedies available: turn it off and on again; or Restore Factory Defaults. The former is easiest: disconnect power at the wall, leave it off for a period (10 mins will be plenty), and then power up again.

If that doesn't fix the problem, look through the setup menus to find Restore Factory Defaults (or consult the manual). This will mean retuning etc etc.

Aura 400t my epg has become out of sync, the time shown across the top is approx 2 hours different to the programs below, thus I cannot see the current programs and change the channel, Only the record option. I cannot scroll back to the 'correct' time.
It sounds almost like your Humax and epg are for different time zones. If it's an Aura, make sure the region or location is correct and you have a working connection to the internet.

What? The Aura is Humax's current PVR offering, using Android for the user interface, or the FVP-4000T is an older unit running on Linux. I'll assume you have the 4000T, considering the sub-forum you've chosen to post in.
The same user name was very recently used to post in the 4000T/5000T section of the MyHumax form and it was then moved to the Aura section on there. I suspect it's the same poster with an Aura as the query style is similar, (and it appears a mod on this forum has now moved this latest query to the this site's Aura forum).

Last edited:
What have you done to try and correct this?
Have you tried switching it fully off (i.e. power down) and then switching it back on again?
Hopefully, if you hadn't already, Black Hole's suggestion would have prompted you to do so.
And also one of bottletop's suggestions would have prompted you to tell is if the box wasn't connected to the internet.

Hopefully , if you haven't already, bottletop's suggestion will have prompted you to check that Set Time Zone is set OK.

If those actions do not fix then there is something else you can do before resorting to a reset (keeping your recordings) and that is to toggle the "Use Network provided time" and switch the box into full standby (or totally off) and then switch back on again. to locate that option press the Freeview button on the remote and go to Settings > Device Preferences > Date & Time > Automatic Date & Time > Use Network provided time.

Have turned off and on a few times, have checked time/date, location. It is relatively new and has had several resets as I have recently moved

Back