EPG Usage

Umpa

Is there a guide about using the guide ?

I ask because when I use the grid style, I only ever get two days of program data (if I am lucky). I could really do with a weeks forecast of programs.
When searching for anything All I get is programs that have already aired and whats on today.
I must be doing something wrong !

Regards

Ump..

PS this is not a new development - its been like it for years, but have only just started to use the EPG.

You should have a full 8 days of data in the EPG (though individual channels occasionally go missing for short periods)

Are you seeing the problem both in the webif and using the on TV menus?

Try running the epgrange diagnostic and posting the results

How have you been scheduling recordings without using the eog

Hi, the guide on the box works fine.
I manage to record programs either using the humax guide, or I wait till the show does turn up on the EPG and serise link it.

This is what the diag says
Results

>> Beginning diagnostic epgrange

Running: epgrange
Tue Jan 22 00:00:00 GMT 2019
Tue Mar 5 23:55:00 GMT 2019

>> Ending diagnostic epgrange

167_2_00_Check_W2_SUB.png
Completed.

My data is
Code:
>>> Beginning diagnostic epgrange

Running: epgrange
Tue Jan 22 00:00:00 GMT 2019
Sun Mar 10 23:55:00 GMT 2019

>>> Ending diagnostic epgrange
The usual problem is a very old start date I dont remember seeing an early end date reported before.

I think you will probably need to reboot into Maint mode and use the option to rebuild the epg database

All I could do was to enter the command epg and delete it, after 2 reboots its rebuilt and all is good.
Thanks

What are good dates? One week forward I expect, but what back? There doesn't appear to be anything in the wiki.
On one of my T2s the start date is January 2019, but on the other it is July 2018.

What are good dates? One week forward I expect, but what back?
There shouldn't be anything before today, but the crappy Humax software 'forgets' to delete certain items, so you have to do it manually.
I just cleared mine out a couple of days ago because the EPG was doing strange things, and found stuff back to 2017 on one box.
I suggested clearing the EPG data cache by default on every boot (as it gets recreated almost immediately) but it never seemed to find favour.

I had no obvious problems, but I cleared minutes anyway and the now indicate 00:00 this morning to 23:55 on the 11th.

I suggested clearing the EPG data cache by default on every boot (as it gets recreated almost immediately) but it never seemed to find favour.
My units aren't regularly rebooted, but that sounds like a reasonable idea... unless maybe a cached EPG is essential if the HDR is waking up to record a scheduled programme?

We can detect the reason for a boot so we could add some logic that clears the EPG if it's a manual boot and the start date is more than a week ago (parameters to be determined).

Are you saying you have evidence that supports BH's supposition?
If not, then why not just delete the file unilaterally at startup, seeing as it appears to serve no purpose and is recreated from live data after a couple of minutes?

Are you saying you have evidence that supports BH's supposition?
If not, then why not just delete the file unilaterally at startup, seeing as it appears to serve no purpose and is recreated from live data after a couple of minutes?
Regardless of whether it is needed for recordings I often look at the EPG shortly after switching on so it would be annoying to have to wait a couple of minutes for it to populate.

Given that it doesn't cause serious problem until it is months out of date and it it is simple to make the checks it makes sense to me to only delete it when there is some evidence of a problem
(the checks probably should also check the end date given @Umpa's problem that triggered this thread)

I'm not that experienced in these matters and its getting harder for me, I would not have thought to use the diagnostics - nor delete the EPG. Once again you guys came to the rescue again 'thanks'. What would have been better for me, is if there was a button that I could press that said something like 'refresh epg', and when you click it it sorts it out and stuff - thats so long as its a real issue, for all I know this might be a 1 in 1000 problem and not worth is investment in tallent and time.

Nice idea, but as this has to be done in Maintenance Mode (or pre-boot) it's not an option as an immediate-action button.

Maybe a button on the WebIF EPG page which queues a refresh at next boot, and a reboot button?

The thing is though: I think the SUI Guide still works, so why not the WebIF EPG?

The thing is though: I think the SUI Guide still works, so why not the WebIF EPG?

I always assumed they were seperate, the one in the webif was downloaded from the internet and nothing to do with the built in guide. Its all beyond me !!

Back