epgrange not updating it's self

Umpa

My series recordings keep stopping saying there are no new episodes, but when I run the eprange and reboot they are back. Is there anything I can do to automate this ?
If I don't keep an eye on it it can go weeks without recording my programs. I don't tend to find out until later as I load them all up and binge watch when my insomnia kicks in.

Ump.

Curious. IIRC epgrange only operates on the EPG as presented to the WebIF, and should have no effect on the EPG as used by the HDR-FOX to schedule recordings.

(Please edit your post and the title to "epgrange", otherwise this thread won't show up in searches... although actually it will because I've posted it correctly!)

Curious. IIRC epgrange only operates on the EPG as presented to the WebIF, and should have no effect on the EPG as used by the HDR-FOX to schedule recordings.

(Please edit your post and the title to "epgrange", otherwise this thread won't show up in searches... although actually it will because I've posted it correctly!)
When it happens again I will post what the schedule says to give better clarity. I edited the post - thanks for the info.

Will causes shows to not record ?
22/03/2023 10:02:19 - SchedChk: * scheduled * 23/03/23 17:00 01:00 === Star Trek - The Original Series === Legend === sCRID changed

Are you changing channel or replaying something or rebooting at least once a week? If not, the EPG goes stale and it doesn't record.
It's another known stupid Humax bug. You could try installing the epgfix package, although sometimes even that fails for reasons I don't understand.

Are you changing channel or replaying something or rebooting at least once a week?
Good point, well covered previously. I have scheduled 4am reminders to switch channels (and muxes) daily.

Will causes shows to not record ?
22/03/2023 10:02:19 - SchedChk: * scheduled * 23/03/23 17:00 01:00 === Star Trek - The Original Series === Legend === sCRID changed
Well, @MymsMan might be able to comment better, but when the sCRID gets changed (as it sometimes does), subsequent programmes are no longer seen as part of the same series (and therefore won't record by series link). That's got nothing to do with epgrange.

I understood schedchk was supposed to resolve things like that by spotting CRID changes and patching up, but I've never tried it. However, perhaps schedchk is dependent on the WebIF's view of the EPG, in which case sorting that out enables schedchk to do its job.

I don't think we know why the WebIF EPG gets out of sync. RS offers an alternative, if you set up an auto action to search for the programme you are interested and schedule a recording of it, then the HDR will pull all such results and record them regardless of CRID.

Well, @MymsMan might be able to comment better, but when the sCRID gets changed (as it sometimes does), subsequent programmes are no longer seen as part of the same series (and therefore won't record by series link). That's got nothing to do with epgrange.

I understood schedchk was supposed to resolve things like that by spotting CRID changes and patching up, but I've never tried it. However, perhaps schedchk is dependent on the WebIF's view of the EPG, in which case sorting that out enables schedchk to do its job.
Yes, schedchk is using the same EPG database as the webif so will be affected if the epg isn't up to date

Back