Error in recording schedule

Sometimes I select a program to be recorded via the EPG on the FoxSat box and the result is an entry with the date 19/02 and the start and end times both at 3:14. I can see no obvious reason for this. When I set it manually I find I cannot set the recording mode to "Series", and using my PC or iPad to set the recording often takes too long or is, indeed, often impossible because the server seems to be down.

If there is no solution to this, I would prefer to revert to the standard firmware, in which case would someone advise me, please?

This problem may have been addressed in an earlier thread, but I couldn't trace such a post.

I take it you are using custom firmware on your Foxsat HDR, so I have moved this thread to the relevant forum. There is a post HERE which explains how to remove the custom firmware if you decide to do so, but there will probably be someone along soon who may be able to offer some other advice on your problem.

Sometimes I select a program to be recorded via the EPG on the FoxSat box and the result is an entry with the date 19/02 and the start and end times both at 3:14. I can see no obvious reason for this. When I set it manually I find I cannot set the recording mode to "Series", and using my PC or iPad to set the recording often takes too long or is, indeed, often impossible because the server seems to be down.

If there is no solution to this, I would prefer to revert to the standard firmware, in which case would someone advise me, please?

This problem may have been addressed in an earlier thread, but I couldn't trace such a post.

I have had a Foxsat HDR running the custom firmware for years and never had this problem. Can you give more details, such as

* What software version your original box was on
* What version of the custom firmware you installed
* What server are you referring to? The Web Interface to your box or the RS server?
* When did you last re-tune your box?
* Can you give an example of a series that fails and how it fails? Do you mean there is no option to record the series?

Could you possibly set your box back to factory defaults to see if that cures the problem? (You will not lose your recordings if you don't reformat the drive.) You will lose a lot if you revert to the original firmware, and it is highly unlikely it is just the custom firmware causing these problems.

Back