External USB disk compatibility with Fox T2 HDR

Cancunia

Hi, anyone know if it's possible to view recordings copied or created on a USB drive from the Foxsat to other Humax Freeview devices or vice versa?

Thanks

Assuming it's a Foxsat-HD it can't record anything. If it's a foxsat-hdr then SD recording .ts files will play back on the the Humax-Freeview-HD boxes as will HD content if recorded using non freesat mode. EXT3 format for the USB drive is required for the USB drive unless you install the custom firmware which lets you copy files directly to a PC. Which Humax Freeview devices are you referring to ?

Hi Graham. The basic objective is to use the Foxsat-HD a DLNA client, or to play vide via it's usb. From the reading I've done today, neither look to be possible which is a shame, given that it appears you can do both from the Freeview alternative.

Hi Graham. The basic objective is to use the Foxsat-HD a DLNA client, or to play vide via it's usb. From the reading I've done today, neither look to be possible which is a shame, given that it appears you can do both from the Freeview alternative.

Neither the Foxsat-Hd or the Foxsat-hdr is capable of being a dnla client. The Foxsat-hdr can be a server but only by using the custom firmware. Both boxes now long in the tooth (launched 2008), the FreeviewHD boxes are much newer. The new HDR-1000s should be both a client and server.

Thanks Graham, have now given up on the Foxsat HD, shame. I'm now thinking of turning my attentions to the Freeview HD box as opposed to the HDR which I already have. Time to jump to other parts of this and other forums.....

Back