• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Fast Forward Issue

I've been watching some recorded programs over the past couple of days and noticed that when I fast forward during breaks and then press play to go back to normal play mode there is a high pitched screech everytime.

Is this a bug in the firmware or a setting I need to change?

Thanks

Jon

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Have not heard of anything like that before. Is the "screech" audible via the TV speakers? or does it sound like it's coming from the HDD?

OP
OP
J

Jon Hill

Have not heard of anything like that before. Is the "screech" audible via the TV speakers? or does it sound like it's coming from the HDD?
Its not from the HDD its through the speakers. Its connected to my surround sound system via an optical cable.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I have just tried this on my HDR which is connected via optical cable to my surround system, and I am not getting any screeching. Have you checked to see if it does the same via your TV speakers?