Favourites Name keeps setting to 0

BobR

Hi Folks, after some help. On Saturday 16th June I turned on the Humax to find it was at new install as if it had reset itself. I am running custom firmware vers FHTCP 1.03.12, Loader a7.30. I went through the set up and interestingly the auto restore for the recording schedule and favorites did not work. I manually set up my favourites but since then it keeps renaming my favourites (formally "Favourite 1") to"0".
I have also noticed that when I give it a name, say "BobR", this appears against favourite 5 not favourite 1 in the boot setting list in settings.

All help welcome.

On Saturday 16th June I turned on the Humax to find it was at new install as if it had reset itself.
This occurs occasionally, and is the standard Humax firmware deciding to go into the setup wizard for no apparent reason (other than a flag getting set at random). See here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/is-there-a-good-time-to-retune.7624/post-103888

I am running custom firmware vers FHTCP 1.03.12, Loader a7.30
That's as may be, but you have quoted the standard firmware version on which the CF is based, not the version of the CF itself. The relevant information is at bottom right of the WebIF main web page (you may need to scroll down to see it).

Hi thanks for your reply here are the details from the WebIF:

Web interface version: 1.4.3-3
Custom firmware version: 3.12 (build 3965)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.12)
Loader Version: a7.30
System ID: 80bc.7e00

I have done all the usual stuff to put my settings back to what they were. However thereis this really strange issue with the favourites name keeps changing no matter what I do.

I have done all the usual stuff to put my settings back to what they were. However thereis this really strange issue with the favourites name keeps changing no matter what I do.
You can manually restore both schedule and favourites from the Scheduled Events >> Backup / Restore Web-If screen, you should see a list of automatically backed up files to choose from, this will clear any existing schedule / favourites lists

EDIT

backup.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's auto-schedule-restore doing it. Do you have that package installed? If so, do you have an empty recording schedule and does the renaming occur after a reboot?

If so, you need to do a manual backup after you've set up what you want (WebIF >> Scheduled Events >> Backup/Restore). You could recover what you had before the reset event by restoring an old backup (and then do a manual backup in case it gets auto-restored).

Hi Everyone and thanks for your suggestions. So I had a look at the backups via the WebIF >> sheduled events and confirmed my and your suspicions. All the favorites lists titles had somehow been renamed "0". This did not show up on the Humax on screen menu where they were still called "Favourite 1" , "Favourite 2" etc. I can only assume that this is why when I renamed favourite 1 "BobR" it appeared in the backup /restore file against favourite 5 as the database was corrupted. so to fix it I renamed Favourite 1 "1", Favourite 2 "2" etc. then did a back up and that has fixed it. I've done a reboot and it's all good.

So a quick question. When a back up is created is it editable via a PC. I see in diagnostics there is a file editor so I wondered if the back up files were accessable and editable?? Once again thanks for all the help so far.

The backup files are located at /mod/var/backup, however the file editor in the webif won't edit a *.rbk file as it sees it as, 'not a plain file'

Well cheers all, many thanks, hopefully all sorted. If anyone else experiences a simillar problem let know if anything I've described what I did to solve it doesn't make sense.

Back