File Access in Windows 10

Starbase

Since moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I seem to have lost the ability to view any Fox-Sat HDR files in File Explorer. The Foxsat is shown in File Explorer under Network, but when clicked the attached error message is displayed, my Fox T2 unit is also shown under Network and this works okay. Are there any setting that I could check in the custom firmware or in Windows 10, Any help would be appreciated

upload_2017-3-19_18-49-1.png

Since moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I seem to have lost the ability to view any Fox-Sat HDR files in File Explorer. The Foxsat is shown in File Explorer under Network, but when clicked the attached error message is displayed, my Fox T2 unit is also shown under Network and this works okay. Are there any setting that I could check in the custom firmware or in Windows 10, Any help would be appreciated
It looks to me like Win10 won't accept a space in the network location name. Should there be an underscore there or something? Did it have a space when it worked with Win7? Are you using the equivalent of the HDR-FOX zeroconf package to set a network pseudonym?

Last edited:
Try accessing from its ip address.

\\111.222.333.444

That should work.

Windows 10 is a nightmare to get access in or out I went back to win7

That message is common if there is a different account to login to a share. Try mapping a network drive to it, using different credentials, and with Windoze remembering them.

Hi
Sorry for the delay in following up and thanks for all your advise. I have now resolved the problem, by renaming the "FOXSAT HDR" to "FOXSAT-HDR" in the System Settings.

As Black Hole suspected Windows 10 didn't like the space between the names, whereas Windows 7 wasn't so fussy

upload_2017-3-23_23-29-18.png

Back