File renaming when downloading

Foo

When I download files to my computer from the box using opt in the CFW they are renamed as just numbers ie. 123.TS rather than The News_20190423_2305.ts as listed. Is there a way of keeping the original filenames rather than renaming them all individually as I have a large number to download?

I bought a new 1800T recently so decided to move all the old files from my HDR T2 which has been problematic recently. Most of these are very old files which I decrypted using Foxy prior to installing the custom firmware. A few recent ones were recorded with auto-unprotect in the CFW. Am I likely to find problems with transferring and removing the HD scrambling in these mixed files? So far I have only found one corrupted file.

which I decrypted using Foxy
Please read the information. Foxy does not decrypt, it only removes the protection of HiDef recordings from decryption - the same as auto-unprotect. All recordings, whether HiDef or StDef, need to be decrypted before they are useable on any other machine.

People keep falling into the same misconception, no matter how may times I spell it out:
  • StDef recordings are encrypted;

• HiDef recordings are encrypted and protected;

• Protected recordings cannot be decrypted;

• auto-unprotect (or Foxy) removes protection (it does not decrypt);

• Something has to be done to decrypt a recording before it can be used anywhere other than on the original recorder;

• Every method of decryption is listed in Decryption Guide (click), copying an unprotected recording to USB is one method.
For more explanation see Things Every... (click) section 5.

In the context of what you said in Post 1: with auto-unprotect running, all you need so you can use the download option from the WebIF media browser and have the recording saved with its original filename is to click "Decrypt" on the options menu first. Otherwise, downloading an encrypted recording decrypts in the process, but (unavoidably) saves the file with its DLNA reference number instead of its original filename (because decryption on the fly requires DLNA access). That's what you said was your problem, and that's how I know what you are doing wrong.

Somebody had a similar problem very recently: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/prob...computer-after-upgrading-my-hdr-fox-t2.10048/

Last edited:
Sorry I am using the terms protected and decrypted because I was unaware of the distinction. For my purposes all I really need is an unscrambled file playable on a computer which has worked.

... downloading an encrypted recording decrypts in the process, but (unavoidably) saves the file with its DLNA reference number instead of its original filename (because decryption on the fly requires DLNA access). ...
To enlarge on that, the decrypted version of the file comes from the DLNA server which is part of the Humax settop program (a binary blob as far as the CF is concerned). The headers of the HTTP response sent by the DLNA server would have to be intercepted to add a Content-Disposition: header to tell the browser to save the file under a different name. So probably not. Unfortunately this is one of those apparently trivial enhancements that is actually very hard to implement because of the way the system operates.

One might hope to be able to use a command script on the computer to download the file using its URL 'http://<Humax IP or DNS name>/browse/download.jim?file=%2Fmedia%2FMy%20Video%2F<file_name>.ts&base=<Humax IP or DNS name>', specifying the desired filename or renaming it after download, but this fails because the way that the WebIf redirects such a URL is not supported by download tools like wget and curl.

However BH's solution, decrypting before downloading, applies -- as you have many recordings to decrypt, probably better to check those of interest and use the Queue For>Decrypt button.

Sorry I am using the terms protected and decrypted because I was unaware of the distinction.
But there is a distinction, and now you are aware of it you will be better placed to do the things you want.

For my purposes all I really need is an unscrambled file playable on a computer which has worked.
Has worked in the past, or is working now?

In the WebIF media browser listing, you will know if a recording is still protected because it will show the "Enc" icon (the icon is not correctly descriptive, but it is the same as shown on the standard MEDIA listing on the TV screen and has the same meaning). You will know if a recording has been decrypted because it will show the "Dec" icon in the WebIF media browser.

Using the WebIF media browser OPT+ menu "Download" option to download a recording still marked as "Enc" (protected) will result in an encrypted file (or in your terms: scrambled) which is of no use as-is, but can be decrypted using our Windows or Linux tools. To remove "Enc", install the auto-unprotect package and wait for it to scan the HDD for recordings.

Downloading a recording not marked as "Enc" or "Dec" will result in the file being decrypted in the process of serving it for download, and saved as <DLNA REF>.TS instead of with its original file name.

Using the WebIF media browser OPT+ menu "Decrypt" option decrypts the recording (after a few minutes), so that it presents the "Dec" icon. Downloading a recording marked as "Dec" does not need to decrypt in the process, so is saved with its original file name.

There are many other ways to achieve decryption, as spelled out here: Decryption Guide (click). For example: you could (in WebIF media browser) click on OPT+ (top line, next to "/ media /My Video") and select "Recursive Auto-decrypt".

Last edited:
Back