Files being moved automatically from subfolder to Ext HDD

deepblue

Hello

I have an issue which started recently where files or folders which are moved to my "Kids" folder either by series filer, or manually, are then automatically moved to a folder on one of my external hard disks (the Kids folder there). This only seems to happen to new files placed there not existing ones. I have mvdisks installed, and 2 external HDDs attached, one to each USB port.

Its almost like series filer is running against the Kids sub folder as well as the My Video folder, and is moving stuff to the Kids folder on my HDD. I am not running Sweeper.

I would welcome any help and apologies if this was answered elsewhere.

Web interface version: 1.0.7-7
Custom firmware version: 2.11
Humax Version: 1.02.28

Hello

I have an issue which started recently where files or folders which are moved to my "Kids" folder either by series filer, or manually, are then automatically moved to a folder on one of my external hard disks (the Kids folder there). This only seems to happen to new files placed there not existing ones. I have mvdisks installed, and 2 external HDDs attached, one to each USB port.
Its almost like series filer is running against the Kids sub folder as well as the My Video folder, and is moving stuff to the Kids folder on my HDD. I am not running Sweeper.
If you have the 'Kids' folder at the "My Video " level, seriesfiler will look to see where the contents could be moved to.
If it finds another folder with an identical name in a subfolder, it will move any new files there.
With mvdisks installed, it is finding a 'Kids' folder on the external disk but views it as part of the folder system, so it moves the files over - but crucially, if the files are still encrypted, they will not be decrypted during the transfer (unlike the decryption which would occur during a conventional copy to a USB connected external disk)

I too fell foul of this unintended consequence of having both seriesfiler and mvdisks installed when some files 'disappeared'. http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/much-gratitude-and-a-few-puzzles.2994/#post-36066

The simple solution is:
Uninstall either seriesfiler or mvdisks
or
Make sure you never have any folders anywhere else with an identical name to any folder in the top level of 'My Video'. (I now always put _ on the end of any folder names on attached disks i.e. "Big Bang Theory_"

Seriesfiler is set up to move files over then delete the original folder, however if any of the files in the original folder already exist in the destination folder it will leave them untouched and will not delete the original folder.

Sweeper, and all other web-interface automatic processing jobs, skip special folders (i.e. [name]) which are on an external disk. It may make sense for mvdisks to be tweaked so that it creates virtual folders with square brackets around the name, i.e. [usb-drive1]. Alternatively, webif auto could ignore folders called usb-drive*.

You could then keep mvdisks if you migrated from seriesfiler to sweeper.

Back