Filezilla FTP and USB drive for recordings export

carterbrandon

I've replaced my Humax Fox T2 with an Aura, and I'm just trying to get it to the stage where like on the old machine, I could copy files to the USB HD plugged into it, and then get the decrypted SD recordings across my home network via Filezilla. I've hit these problems:

1. Although my USB HDD shows up on the Aura's list of storage devices (I reformatted the original Humax's one in the Aura's menus) I can't find a command in the Aura's interface to copy recordings from the internal HDD to it - where should I be looking? The manual, as ever, is pretty vague. It says how to connect a USB device, but not how to use it. (Or do I not need to...)

2. I'm getting Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server" from Filezilla, when using the details that the aAura displays on-screen in its FTP setup section:

Host: <Aura's IP address>
Username: aura
Password: 0000 (the default PIN)
Port: 2323
Transfer mode: tried active and passive

The Windows firewall has Filezilla allowing any ports.

Suggestions welcome on either or both queries!

1. Although my USB HDD shows up on the Aura's list of storage devices (I reformatted the original Humax's one in the Aura's menus) I can't find a command in the Aura's interface to copy recordings from the internal HDD to it - where should I be looking? The manual, as ever, is pretty vague. It says how to connect a USB device, but not how to use it. (Or do I not need to...)
I think you may need to install an Android File Manager app from Playstore.
2. I'm getting Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server" from Filezilla, when using the details that the aAura displays on-screen in its FTP setup section:

Host: <Aura's IP address>
Username: aura
Password: 0000 (the default PIN)
Port: 2323
Transfer mode: tried active and passive
Works fine for me using those details. In Filezilla I have Encryption set as "Only use plain FTP (insecure)" and Login Type as "Normal".

Yes, accessing my Aura through FTP works using the default FTP credentials and my Core FTP LE client. My problem was when I tried to upload my only .ts files from my old T-2000 to the Aura. Removing the HD from my T-2000 into a USB drive caddy and accessing the files using a trial copy of Linux file system for Windows by Paragon Software worked fine. This automatically mounts the T-2000 drive as a new drive number. Core FTP LE can access the Aura and there is supposed to be a Upload folder to move your old SD recordings. Uploading works fine, but the Aura does not make these files visible (or I have not found a way). I did use VLC to try to access the files in the Android>data>com.humaxdigital.tv.freeview.media.server>files>upload folder. But folder just shows up as empty. I can also not see the files in any of the Aura recordings navigation. Maybe this upload folder only works with files that have been downloaded from the Aura and are uploaded back again. Not tried that yet. I was however able to copy the T-2000 files to the Movies folder and these are all now accessible with VLC.

I'm getting very confused trying to follow this. In your first post you spoke about HDR-FOX, now you're talking about "T-2000" which I take to mean HDR-2000T.

Removing the HD from my T-2000 into a USB drive caddy and accessing the files using a trial copy of Linux file system for Windows by Paragon Software worked fine.
How did you defeat the encryption, or do you mean you were able to access the file system but not that your were actually able to play any of the files?

I did not write the first post, but added that I was trying to do a similar thing by copying HDR 2000T files to the Aura. Apologies about the T-2000 typo. Only copying SD files so these are not encrypted. So now can play all files that were on my HDR-2000T in my Aura, but only when I place these in the Videos folder and play them with VLC. Clunky, but it works.

I did not write the first post
Oops, sorry. No wonder I was confused.

Only copying SD files so these are not encrypted.
Still confused, partially because I read "HD" so had HiDef in my mind even though I realised you meant HDD. I understood you removed the 2000T's HDD and accessed it using a caddy. If that had been a HDR-FOX, even StDef recordings would have been encrypted on disk.

Removing the HD from my T-2000 into a USB drive caddy and accessing the files using a trial copy of Linux file system for Windows by Paragon Software worked fine.

I did not write the first post, but added that I was trying to do a similar thing by copying HDR 2000T files to the Aura. Apologies about the T-2000 typo. Only copying SD files so these are not encrypted. So now can play all files that were on my HDR-2000T in my Aura, but only when I place these in the Videos folder and play them with VLC. Clunky, but it works.
The HDR-2000T SD files are normally encrypted unless copied via USB using the HDR-2000T.

Was it a freeview HDR-2000T or a Youview DTR-T2000?

Back