Film 4 retune

surefire

I'm getting a message saying that channel 15 (film 4) is changing soon. I don't want to do a complete retune as I will loose all my scheduled recordings. Is there a way I can just retune one channel and not affect any scheduling?

Thanks

Freeview TV channels are grouped together into a MUX (Multiplex), a single analogue TV channel (CH 21 to CH69) carries a MUX so all the Freeview channels in that Mux and the recording schedule for them would be lost. All the Freeview TV /radio channels are carried on only 6 MUXs and Film4 is currently on two different MUXs, one carrying Freeview channel 15 and a different one carrying Freeview Channel 791. If you install the Custom Firmware it is possible to restore your recording schedule and Favourites after a re-tune

Thanks for that Ezra. One more question: if I install the custom software will I loose all my current recordings and program schedule. ie is the hard drive cleared/formatted during the upgrade procedure?

Thanks

Thanks for that Ezra. One more question: if I install the custom software will I loose all my current recordings and program schedule. ie is the hard drive cleared/formatted during the upgrade procedure?
Recordings and schedule will not be affected. The important thing to understand about the custom firmware is that it runs alongside the standard firmware rather than replacing it hence the user interface looks exactly the same. The extra facilities are accessed via a web browser (or Telnet).

Back