[FIXED] Pushmail Broken by Sgt Bilko?

Merseypub

A couple of days ago I selected series record for the Phil Silvers Show on Forces TV. Now, when I get the daily report from the pushmail addon the recording schedule section always ends at the Phil Silvers Show, instead of reporting on the whole week.

The box is working fine and seems to be recording all schedules, and viewing schedules on the TV or on the Scheduled Events page of the web interface shows all the expected scheduled recordings.

I'm guessing there's something odd about this show's EPG entry which is upsetting pushmail 2.0-2 in some way?

Update: As a test I deleted the offending schedules and did a manual pushmail and got a full report of all schedules for the coming week. I then re-instated the Phil Silvers Show series record and did another manual pushmail and the recording schedule section ended at the Phil Silvers Show tomorrow. (The email doesn't end there, the System Status Snapshot section appears correctly afterwards.)

I'm running Custom firmware 4.1.3 and all packages are up to date.

If you want a job doing ... do it yourself.

A bit of digging has revealed that the offending programmes have rather odd CRIDs such as BF%2F19%2F08%2F2014%2F060

Further research in gen_pushmail.jim eventually showed that the % were upsetting the jim sqlite3 extension, which uses % for argument substitution on queries, causing the line
set description [lindex [lmap i [$epgDB query $sql] {lindex $i end}] 0]
to crap out reporting "not enough arguments for all format specifiers".

I did two things to fix this: Firstly changed the above line to
set description "DB Error"
catch {set description [lindex [lmap i [$epgDB query $sql] {lindex $i end}] 0]}

That restored my full schedule listing, but of course without descriptions of the Phil Silvers episodes. So part two was to add a mapping to change % to %%:

set crid1 [string map {% %%} $crid]
set sql "select descr from epg where ECRID='/$crid1' and serviceid='$serviceid'"

So, how do I get this fix into the repository so that everyone else can get it, and I wont lose it if a new version comes out?

Ah, thanks, I'll try there. Someone is looking after it somewhere, because I see updates every now and then.

If you want a job doing ... do it yourself.

A bit of digging has revealed that the offending programmes have rather odd CRIDs such as BF%2F19%2F08%2F2014%2F060

The best fix for this type of thing is to pass the CRID as an argument to the query function, like this:

Code:
$db query { select descr from epg where ECRID='/%s' and serviceid='%s' } $crid $serviceid

That takes care of escaping etc.

Ah, thanks, I'll try there. Someone is looking after it somewhere, because I see updates every now and then.

David500 is still maintaining the channel icons and DefAuthInit.sql but at present I don't think anyone is actively maintaining the web interface or other packages.

Hello Merseypub, third tier support here (Not sure whether or not I should be offended by Black Hole's earlier comment ;)).

Joking aside, the situation with the Foxsat packages is more or less as described earlier. Raydon was the only one with access to the Foxsat repository and he has been absent from the forums for quite some months now. Despite doing a lot of the early development of the Foxsat stuff with Raydon, my time for this sort of thing these days is very limited. My Foxsat doesn't even have a network connection at the moment as I "borrowed" it for something else a few months ago and it never got replaced.

To compound things, the pushmail package was developed by an AVForums user called Partridge who also did a considerable amount of testing in the early days of the Foxsat development. Like raydon, Partridge hasn't been seen on the forums for a while either.

So you're left with lowly old, third tier, me I'm afraid :D

Happy to package up your fix and appeal to the kindness of af123 to update the repository with a new version of the package if you want. If you can upload the updated file(s) somewhere and PM me the link I'll try and get round to it sometime this week.

That's OK Adrian, David500 has kindly offered to do the admin parts. I'm holding off marking the thread as FIXED until the package has been released.

Thanks David500. Much appreciated.

Third tier and also redundant it seems! Was away at the weekend unfortunately - my excuse for being unresponsive on this occasion. Must improve. Can do better!

Glad it's sorted. Thanks all involved.

Not sure whether or not I should be offended by Black Hole's earlier comment ;)
I realise the emoticon implies a degree of tongue in cheek, but no you certainly shouldn't be offended - readers should know I do my level best to tell it like it is with no slant or bias intended. I put the likes of af123 (HDR-FOX) and raydon (FOXSAT-HDR) on the first tier, although I can think of a few candidates for "close but no dice" - very competent but excluded by simply not having access to the instruments by which the core code can be maintained.

Without raydon about, it's hard to see how major code updates could be effected (I don't mean packages in the repository). Without af123 about, we would be in the same position for HDR-FOX CF, and the package repositories for both!

I think we need some kind of crash plan...

The updated package is now published, thanks David500 !

I'm not able to download the update, have I done something stupid?

wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Upgrading pushmail on root from 2.0-2 to 2.0-3...

Downloading http://hpkg.tv/foxsat/base/pushmail_2.0-3_mips.opk.

Collected errors:

* opkg_download: Failed to download http://hpkg.tv/foxsat/base/pushmail_2.0-3_mips.opk, wget returned 1.

* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download pushmail. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

Back