Folder count correct but files missing

Mateypeeps

Hi all.

Been using - and loving - the HDR-Fox T2 with the customer firmware for some time now. My only issue is this....

After series recording, the Web-if shows the expected number of recordings within the folder at the top of the tree. However, occasionally, some of the files are not visible.

I've run a disk check in maintenance mode in the hope of fixing any broken pointers, but no luck.

It seems the system has registered that a recoding attempt was made and increments the number of recordings in the folder but the files are missing.

Any suggestions?

System info:

Web interface version: 1.4.1-6
Custom firmware version: 3.10 (build 2734)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.10)
Loader Version: a7.30

Are they failed recordings?, do the missing recordings have a 'lightening bolt' symbol against them?, if so the Humax has created a partial file stucture for an expected recording that didn't happen for some reason

Hi

I am getting the same problem. If I switch to Mobile version they are all there but I have lost the Opt+ icon against all files (folders appear ok) to allow me to download and also decrypt. It used to decrypt files automatically when I had the humax switched on but that has also stopped working. It was working after I updated to the version before the latest version. I had a couple of packages which automatically updated and am wondering if this may have upset something. Don't know what the packages where, I just acknowledge them when I turned it on. I have now got the latest version HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13 installed but still the same.

How can I do a complete clean install and preserve the recordings on the Humax?

Thanks

Hi Ezra Pound , no they are not failed recordings. The files I can see are complete and can be watched as normal. I see no other files in the web-if.

I'm keen to test the mobile interface to see if I can see these 'missing' files as spud36 is reporting. I have an iphone 6, but when I access the web-if on my Humax, I see the normal desktop web-if.

Is there another package I need to install to access this? We are an iphone-only household, so I can't test on a non-Apple mobile device at this time.

Stop the press. I found the mobile web-if mode on my ipad. It doesn't show a different result on the mobile than on the desktop. Sorry, spud36 , looks like mine is a different issue.

Ezra Pound , I've attached a couple of screen shots showing the top-level directory that has a folder, Decline and Fall, showing it has 3 files in it, but the subfolder only contains the one file.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 11.50.43.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 11.50.43.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 11.50.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 11.50.13.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 16
The counts do sometimes get out of sync and running the 'resetnew' diagnostic will cure that.
If you're missing recordings, look at the activity.log file via diagnostics to see if they were recorded in the first place. If so then they were probably moved or expired by something that didn't update the folder counts. Let's start with whether they were recorded in the first place though.

Stop the press. I found the mobile web-if mode on my ipad. It doesn't show a different result on the mobile than on the desktop. Sorry, spud36 , looks like mine is a different issue.

Ezra Pound , I've attached a couple of screen shots showing the top-level directory that has a folder, Decline and Fall, showing it has 3 files in it, but the subfolder only contains the one file.

Fair enough. Still couldn't get mine to work so did a CFW Reset. Just found out about it and it appears to have done a complete reinstall. Removed all my packages but not a problem. All working correct now but reported disk errors. Not sure maybe that was my problem. Need to try and find out how to replace a hdd (if thats possible). Hope you get yours sort

regards

But before you rush away and do that, there are a number of checks that you can do on the HDD to chaeck it out. I'm not very conversant with said checks, so I will leave it up to an expert to advise you (please).
Replace HDD? Easy peasy, but unless you do some prep work, you will lose all your recordings, but bear in mind that it's only tele and is it realy worth the time and effort of copying all the stuff then re-copying it back..

The counts do sometimes get out of sync and running the 'resetnew' diagnostic will cure that.
If you're missing recordings, look at the activity.log file via diagnostics to see if they were recorded in the first place. If so then they were probably moved or expired by something that didn't update the folder counts. Let's start with whether they were recorded in the first place though.

Thanks, af123, that was useful advice. The activity logs showed only ONE recording session for the 'Decline and Fall' series. After running resetnew, the folder count correctly showed only one file inside the folder.

So, I'm off to try and locate the missing episodes on a torrent site somewhere.

I'm guessing that the scheduling algorithm somehow updated the file count even when no recording actually happened?

Or you could pull it down on Humax iPlayer viewer then use the CF file save option once the episode has finished buffering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back