Forgive Me - Long Time Since Re Numbering

quarkrad

It has been a long time since I had to renumber my TV channels. I have install tunefix but do not know how to access/use it. I'm sure the last time I re numbered channels access was at the bottom of the EPG Page. Now it says to visit Settings but there is nothing there to help me. Under Web Interface Settings I see the attached. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• web if.png
    web if.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 9
Is that all of it? If so, it looks like you've lost all your installed packages, so just re-install them (or uninstall then re-install if it says they're already installed).

Hmmm.. thank you for responding. I've reinstalled the tunefix package and restarted the hummy - but still nothing to show under web interface

I had my HD-FOX WebIF look like that a few days ago, when I was struggling with the factory reset event. I was looking into performing a chkdisk (not so easy on a HD-FOX) but WebIF came back apparently without me doing anything.

Is there anything in the webif-error.log file on the Diagnostics page? (Or /tmp/webif-error.log if accessing direct from the filesystem.)
It might just be easier to reset the custom firmware environment from the Diagnostics page (if it's working) or from the Telnet menu.
And as BH (almost) says, making sure the disk/filesystem is healthy is a required first step (restart in Maintenance mode from Diagnostics or the Telnet menu and then run fixdisk).

There is nothing in the logs and the disk check looks ok. I've also attached my system info - I might be well out of date. How would I go about resetting the custom firmware?

Attachments

• disc error.png
    disc error.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 5
  • system info.png
    system info.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 5
I've run fixdisk via telnet - nothing to report; everything was ok. At this point should I do a factory reset and re-install the custom software? If so is there a way of saving and importing my 'saved' programmes? I've guessing any scheduling will disappear.

Read post 5. I didn't say factory reset nor re-install the firmware, neither of which are necessary and won't fix the problem. Schedules won't disappear if you don't do that. I've no idea what "saving and importing 'saved' programmes" actually means.

Resetting the custom software did the trick. Thank you so much for your help - I did the reset via the telnet terminal.

Back