Formatting a 128Gb Flash Drive on HDFoxT2

Andybrody

Just trying to format a 128 Gb flash drive on my HDFoxT2 seems to be taking for ever, any ideas how long it may take.
While it is formatting is it not possible to log into Web IF all I'm getting is 404 not found.
Thanks
Andy

Via the HDFox Menu.
Hmm. Maybe the HD-FOX doesn't like the drive, or maybe it isn't even capable of dealing with a 128GB UPD.

I suggest formatting to FAT32 on a PC, then using the CF tool to convert it to suitable for installing CF on.

Hmm. Maybe the HD-FOX doesn't like the drive, or maybe it isn't even capable of dealing with a 128GB UPD.

I suggest formatting to FAT32 on a PC, then using the CF tool to convert it to suitable for installing CF on.
Yes I forgotten that the HDD had the custom firmware on it (ain't age a wonderful thing) hence no logging in 404 not found response.
So I'm now formatting the 128 FlashDrive via an EXT3 formatting prog and then going to try and clone the original 500Gb HDD (without the Video files) onto the 128Gb FlashDrive
not sure if this will do want I want.
Only did this as I needed the 500Gb drive for another purpose.

So here is where I'm at,
I was going to try and use a 128Gb flash drive for recordings and custom firmware on my bedroom HDFoxT2 that originally had 500Gb HDD being used,
I gave up on that idea and have now changed it to a 1Tb HDD I formatted it to Ext3 (All of the 1TB as one partition with EasUs partition manager), I then used EasUs to create a clone of the original 500Gb HDD which worked like a dream and got the HDFoxT2 back up and running as before :thumbsup:
There was one slight problem the clone operation had done its job well but I ended up with two 500Gb drives the original PVR and a then unformatted second drive which I have now formatted to Ext3, and now have my PVR drive and a second USB drive visible on the HDFox. I have tried to merge the two drives but the two partition managers I have have merge greyed out.

My question is this, can the HDFoxT2 or the HDRFoxT2 in the lounge merge these two drives in to one,

Thanks for reading
Andy

My question is this, can the HDFoxT2 or the HDRFoxT2 in the lounge merge these two drives in to one,
Probably not. What you need to do is fire up a partition manager again, delete the unused partition, and then expand the remaining partition into the available space.

Good point, but if the tool is any good it will do that anyway (assuming it understands Ext3).

I got the "joke" even if BH didn't. (Strange how the original post seems to have vanished).
Haven't vanished just trying to find enough time to try what was recommended. I got the joke as well

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Back