Forum Index Look and Feel

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Foxsat-HDR - Satellite box. Custom Firmware availability adds greatly to capability. Can export recordings to usb. Using CF can stream recorded content over your network. Can only play non native content after processing the video using AV2HDR. Limited VOD services

HDR1000s - Satellite box with Freetime capabilities - Similar to Youview in having all the major catch up services plus Youtube, accessed via the epg. Can't export recordings but has proper pvr features (unlike the many missing from the Youview box) . Is able to play back non native content from usb and via a network. No server capability at the moment

HDR FOX T2 - Freeview box. Proper pvr. Custom Firmware greatly adds to capabilities. Can export recordings. Has client and server streaming capabilities. Limited vod services

DTR-T1000/1o10 - Freeview box. Limited pvr functions. Full Vod catch up via the epg. No export of recording capability or streaming. As a pvr very poor compared to all the above.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/salient-points-from-faqs
I would add to Graham's list:
HDR-2000T - Freeview box. Similar to HDR FOX T2 but currently Custom Firmware is not available and there a few minor quirks that a future software update will hopefully resolve.
This would be a useful summary to place somewhere "top level" in the forum. How about adding commentary text to each forum heading in the main list, like "Other Humax Products" has a comment line "Chat in here about any other Humax products"?

This would be a useful summary to place somewhere "top level" in the forum. How about adding commentary text to each forum heading in the main list, like "Other Humax Products" has a comment line "Chat in here about any other Humax products"?
If you would care to suggest suitable text, I will add it.

How about this (please review and correct as necessary):

PVR-9150 Freeview Recorder
Terrestrial dual-tuner SD PVR (superseded)

PVR-9200 Freeview Recorder

PVR-9300 Freeview Recorder

FOXSAT-HD Freesat Receiver
Satellite single-tuner HD receiver with PVR capability, limited VoD, customised firmware option

FOXSAT-HDR Freesat Recorder
Satellite dual-tuner HD PVR, limited VoD, customised firmware option (see sub-forum)

HB-1000S <free time> Freesat Receiver
Satellite single-tuner HD receiver with PVR capability, VoD (catch-up TV)

HDR-1000S / HDR-1010S <free time> Freesat Recorder
Satellite dual-tuner HD PVR, VoD (catch-up TV)

HD-FOX T2 Freeview Receiver
Terrestrial single-tuner HD receiver with PVR capability, limited VoD, customised firmware option

HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder
Terrestrial dual-tuner HD PVR (superseded), limited VoD, customised firmware option

HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware
Discussion forum for the customised firmware for HD-FOX T2 and HDR-FOX T2

DTR-T1000 / DTR-T1010 (YouView) Freeview Recorder
Terrestrial dual-tuner HD PVR, VoD (catch-up TV)

HDR-2000T Freeview Recorder
Terrestrial dual-tuner HD PVR, limited VoD, supersedes HDR-FOX T2

I still have the original (single tuner) Freeview pvr Humax ever made model 8000T (afaik it still works). At the time the twin tuner model was promised within a few months. In the event the Topfield 5800 arrived much earlier (classic pvr). Not suggesting it should be included, only old farts like me, that never throw anything away is likely to have one :)

You should see my loft, it's a enthusiasts dream for old kit :)

Includes two versions of the Commodore Amiga (including a genlock for video editing)

I have added the suggestions from post #4, but have a few questions. Should the HD-FOX T2 also be marked as (superseded)? and does the Foxsat HD have a customised firmware option?

I was not aware that the Foxsat-HD had PVR capability. Am I missing something?

I was only guessing. I did ask for reviewers! Won't a Foxsat-HD record to an external drive?

What supersedes an HD-FOX? A word meaning "no longer available" would make more sense (although I can't think of one at the moment).

I think so. I just had a touch of word blindness.

I'm thinking we could have a new category under Broadcast Discussions too (for completeness): "YouView/FreeTime".

I think so. I just had a touch of word blindness.

I'm thinking we could have a new category under Broadcast Discussions too (for completeness): "YouView/FreeTime".
We already have them as sub-forums to the Freeview, and Freesat forums.

Fair enough, didn't spot that - although putting a category at the top level is more of a signpost. Could always have redirects within it.

"Terrestrial dual-tuner SD PVR (discontinued) For PVR-9200T / PVR-9200TS / PVR-9200TB / PVR-9200TBX"

Do you have any control over the line break? I'm thinking

PVR-9200T / PVR-9200TS / PVR-9200TB / PVR-9200TBX
Terrestrial dual-tuner SD PVR (discontinued)

Fair enough, didn't spot that - although putting a category at the top level is more of a signpost. Could always have redirects within it.

"Terrestrial dual-tuner SD PVR (discontinued) For PVR-9200T / PVR-9200TS / PVR-9200TB / PVR-9200TBX"

Do you have any control over the line break? I'm thinking

PVR-9200T / PVR-9200TS / PVR-9200TB / PVR-9200TBX
Terrestrial dual-tuner SD PVR (discontinued)
Unfortunately, the line break is not recognised. I have rearranged it as your second suggestion but without the line break.

Edit: I have now found out how to insert a line break using <br>

We still need someone to confirm whether the Foxsat HD has custom firmware.

Back